How do I update these things

Reaction score
my P3A arrived today and had one good flight. I couldnt figure out how to get map to follow the flight path, It would show the flight path and the once the the bird went outside the span of the map I would have to use my finger to catch up with it.

Anyway my main question is how to update the bird itself and battery. I was able to update RC on DJI app, but it wouldnt let me do the battery or Phantom itself. I did look at the download page on DJI and found only zip files which I couldnt get to open. What am I missing? I read somewhere in the manual that you can use sd cards but it didnt say how.

Check in the Go app, to see what versions you already have?
Did you already spend some quality time to RTFM? That should be Step #1.
(Read The Flight Manual/s)

The instructions for firmware updates are online in a PDF file.Step #2.
Read over this document.
http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/Firmware_Update_Guide_en_v1.4.pdf

If you still have questions, please post them up. ;-)

RedHotPoker

There are a ton of threads on this topic if only you would just use the forum search.

Assign the full screen map view to either the C1 or C2 buttons on the backside of your controller, I use C1 for the map and C2 for battery info. When you see you are scrolling off the map or getting close simply hit the C1 button to get out of map view then hit it again to go back in. It'll readjust your center a bit. That's all I do and it works.

If you have the map spread out too far, you can bring it back to a more manageable size, and bigger picture, by reducing the blown up view. I have never had to scroll with my map while flying, & only do that when I cache the map. ;-)

RedHotPoker

got it guys thanks. I am still having trouble with the map though. Why wouldnt it just move as my phantom does like with the Vplus? Is it a setting I am missing? I dont want to have to hit a button every time it gets outside of the field of view of the screen. I like to see what I am flying over as I am over it.

got it guys thanks. I am still having trouble with the map though. Why wouldnt it just move as my phantom does like with the Vplus? Is it a setting I am missing? I dont want to have to hit a button every time it gets outside of the field of view of the screen. I like to see what I am flying over as I am over it.

It doesn't move like that unfortunately. You can use the button method or like someone said pinch the map to zoom out.

The instructions for firmware updates are online in a PDF file.Step #2.
Read over this document.
http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/Firmware_Update_Guide_en_v1.4.pdf

If you still have questions, please post them up. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Oh! You mean the guide that starts out with:

"Using the DJI GO App to Update All Firmware
Always use the latest version of the DJI GO app to update your firmware. "

And then on page 5 it finally makes a reference to using an SD card to update the aircraft.

I've done about 10 firmware updates on the Vision+ and P3. When I saw this guide I spent over 1/2 hour puzzling over how to get "All" the firmware to update using the Go App.

How could a new guy possibly have difficulty understanding how to do an update with these instructions?

Sorry, for not responding to you much sooner, but I was away from the computer. Did you already check the current firmware version through the About page in the Go App?
Do you need to upgrade the drone itself, by using the micro sd card in the camera gimbal. I can give you instructions for that. First format the sd card in the drone.
After you have Downloaded the firmware zip file onto your computer containing the bin file for that particular firmware version, you need to unzip or extract it & copy/paste the unzipped bin file onto the micro sd card. Hope you have a USB adapter or card reader for your computer. My hp has several sizes of built in card reader slots. Now place the micro sd card back into the gimbal, and turn on the drone. Leave the radio controller off and app closed for this procedure. You will here a bunch of ddd-ddd-ddd, and the gimbal LED diode will be blinking red and green as the update proceeds. The beeping will change pattern and the LED will revert back to solid red, when it's completed. It may take up to around 20 minutes to finish. You can check if the update was a "Success" by the document which will be generated onto the micro sd card. Delete that document and leave the bin file on the card, if you have any extra batteries to update. Otherwise you can format the card again in the drone, and prepare for "Take Off" Captain!! ;-)

RedHotPoker

Hey red hot this is for a standard
If you can come up with a better answer I could pay you like ...
Current version for the standard is 1.3.5 ?. Search it tried not luck with search tab
Ver 2.6 iOS app for mini 2 restored just Dji go on it now and yes sir I have done my recearch so thanks for the tips

Reset camera
Changed device
Reinstalled app
Video recording and pictures work I just can't change the res with out a crash
The funny thing is I started a thread 2 hrs ago and searched you forum basic :ph3 standard firmware and no results so.......
Do you have a question?
I was trying to help the OP, above, in his thread.
Where is your thread? ;-)

RedHotPoker

Oh! You mean the guide that starts out with:

"Using the DJI GO App to Update All Firmware
Always use the latest version of the DJI GO app to update your firmware. "

And then on page 5 it finally makes a reference to using an SD card to update the aircraft.

I've done about 10 firmware updates on the Vision+ and P3. When I saw this guide I spent over 1/2 hour puzzling over how to get "All" the firmware to update using the Go App.

How could a new guy possibly have difficulty understanding how to do an update with these instructions?
You have been here since May, 2014 That's not new to me. ;-)
So you should have it down pat, give these bright young newcomers a hand will, ya? Hehe I know you can, and smile when you say hello.
Seems like there are three people using the same thread to figure out what's up!! Hahaha
Sorry I can't juggle all your thoughts. Ah, so I advise you to start your own threads or I can't help you. Someone else may decide to chime in, but I'm done here. Have a nice night guys. I need to prepare for my favorite tv show; Comics Unleashed with Byron Allen... Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20