How do i split my controller into two controllers?

Reaction score
I want to split my Phantom 1 controller into separate drone and camera controllers. I want the gimbal pitch and copter yaw to be on one controller and the altitude and direction to be on another controller. Can I join two controllers together and use one transmitter as i have a transmission booster hooked up to my controller now. Also the pitch lever on the bottom of the controller is hard to use and i would love to move that a real joystick or knob. Does anyone have any ideas?

If you don't mind them being wired together, it's pretty easy. You just need to separate the appropriate potentiometers from where they are to a separate unit and then run wires back to their original connections.

You could just use an extra controller, and hook up its yaw and pitch pots to the place where they are wired on the original (via long wires).

OK, so I can see a stereo/video mini jack or two stereo mini jacks that break a connection, like headphone jacks that cut out a speaker. Then when the plug is inserted the two extra joysticks are inline and when the plus are pulled then the main controller works as it did. Now I need to find a couple of joysticks with the right values. Does anyone know what that is? My FPC receiver has two video out jacks sto each controller can have its own screen. On the other hand, maybe i just get a second controller with built in video screen and hot-wire it into the above mentioned plugs. Then i chalk up the $150 as saved engineering, parts and headache medicine.

Just buy another remote. Don't they go used for like $25 or so.

Now that I think more, one controller needs to be a regular potentiometer, just like like the Phantom controller and the other yaw needs to be on a joystick. Do I see that some of the controllers I see on EBay have a wheel in addition to the joysticks?
-P

I'd say get a pot with a value that gives a slower yaw than stock for the remote yaw control for better control. I guess the remote camera operator just needs one pot for yaw control and the fpv screen/tablet for the rest of the camera controls??? I guess the phantom pilot needs to have line of sight and use course lock????

I have a 25k pot on order to slow the yaw down. I will have to get a small monitor for the second FPV screen. But I need a small pot for the pitch. Maybe I just put an ohmmeter on the channel 7 pot on the DJI controller and see what it reads.

Won't flying that be really hard? As the copter's pitch and aerelon is relative to the heading which is controller by yaw on the other controller.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl