How do I regain control after RTH activation?

Reaction score
Hello,

I've no doubt that this question has been asked and answered many times somewhere in this forum, but I just cannot find the information, so apologies for asking again. I'd appreciate it if someone could just point me in the right direction.

Before purchasing my P2V a week ago I did quite a bit of reading on the subject and watched many of the videos online, and I came across one video that had a great demonstration of how to regain control after RTH mode has been activated. Unfortunately, I forgot to save the video and I've been unable to find it again. I think the process has something to do with the S1 switch, but I cannot remember exactly. Any tips?

Thanks

AerialDFC said:
Hello,

I've no doubt that this question has been asked and answered many times somewhere in this forum, but I just cannot find the information, so apologies for asking again. I'd appreciate it if someone could just point me in the right direction.

Before purchasing my P2V a week ago I did quite a bit of reading on the subject and watched many of the videos online, and I came across one video that had a great demonstration of how to regain control after RTH mode has been activated. Unfortunately, I forgot to save the video and I've been unable to find it again. I think the process has something to do with the S1 switch, but I cannot remember exactly. Any tips?

Thanks

Flip the right switch back and forth and you will have control again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a sticky on top all about Naza and RTH I don't understand why that's not read first before asking repeat questions.

As I said in my original post, I could not immediately see the answer to my question (I'm not used to forums), and I thought this was a discussion board where help could be found. Fortunately, Jgrimberg1979 was kind enough to provide a quick and straightforward answer to my question, so thank you Jgrimberg1979.

AerialDFC said:
As I said in my original post, I could not immediately see the answer to my question (I'm not used to forums),

aaaand the point was very much missed.

Cliff notes for the point (like for your instruction manual)
RTFM!

Does this work in both Phantom and NAZA modes? I've often been confused by features that are available in one but not the other.

I was flipping between GPS and ATTI mode yesterday and twice accidentally pushed S1 down to RTH. I quickly clicked it back to ATTI and it never made a move to do an RTH. I know... I need to RTFM :D I thought I read that clicking back to ATTI would always give control back when an RTH is going down... no?

-slinger

gunslinger said:
I was flipping between GPS and ATTI mode yesterday and twice accidentally pushed S1 down to RTH. I quickly clicked it back to ATTI and it never made a move to do an RTH. I know... I need to RTFM :D I thought I read that clicking back to ATTI would always give control back when an RTH is going down... no?

-slinger

Ive regained control several times now by simply switching back to GPS on S1 (naza enabled)...after the Vision returned home, and was above me. Worked every time and should as long as you have 6 or more satellites

BenDronePilot said:
There is a sticky on top all about Naza and RTH I don't understand why that's not read first before asking repeat questions.

A sticky? On top? On top of what?

BenDronePilot said:

Geert and Ben,

I am surprised and a bit disappointed by your snide remarks in reply to my original question, which I asked in a polite and respectful manner. I’d imagine that the person who established this forum did so to encourage free and open discussion and to provide advice on a subject that we are all passionate about. Indeed, the forum’s logo says “dji phantom forums and help”.

I’ve no doubt that the vast majority of this forum’s members are kind and decent people who are always happy to provide advice, but sadly it seems that there’s an element of those who feel they are above the rest. These are the people that use forums solely to show off their knowledge, and to bolster their inflated egos.

Your initial reply to my question Geert was in fact very helpful. You pointed me to the correct place in the manual, which was all I asked for. And so I’m at a loss to understand why you then felt the need to snipe, not just in your first reply, but again by adding to Ben’s remarks.

And Ben, you as a moderator should surely be above this type of thing.

Presumably, both of you are concerned that repeat questions waste people’s time, but nobody was forced to answer my enquiry. The irony is that you both wasted far more time sniping than you would have by providing a straightforward answer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers