How do I properly "eject" the Phantom 4 from my Mac?

Reaction score
Hey all. Kinda a tech question here.

Well I just downloaded DJI Assistant 2 on my Mac and hooked up the Phantom 4 to check for updates. So after I checked and found that I was all up to date, I logged out of DJI Assistant and now can't find an icon on the Mac to properly eject the Phantom. There's no icon on the desktop and nothing under "finder" that would normally allow for a USB etc to be ejected.

However if I straight up just unplug it I get a warning that it was not properly ejected. So how to I properly eject the P4 from my MacBook Pro after having it hooked up?

Thanks all!

press apple+space in order to open spotlight, search for disk utility on spotlight. Locate the drive and click on unmount on the top menu.

or

press apple+, when finder is the focused app to open finder preferences and check view settings it should offer you to show mounted drives on desktop or on the sidebar of finder window. make sure everything on the sidebar is unstacked.

20120913-01-MountIcons.jpg

if all fails

open terminal

diskutil list

this will list the mounted drives, it will look similar to this

$ diskutil list
/dev/disk0
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *121.3 GB disk0
1: EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS Macintosh HD 120.5 GB disk0s2
3: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.0 MB disk0s3
/dev/disk1
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: Apple_partition_scheme *21.0 MB disk1
1: Apple_partition_map 32.3 KB disk1s1
2: Apple_HFS Drive 1.2.6 20.9 MB disk1s2

find the correct disk and change it in the command below. this one unmounts the disk1s2

diskutil unmount /dev/disk1s2

Last edited:
Standard procedure is to eject drives properly. Drag the drive icon into the trash or right click it and choose eject.
It will be named whatever your card is called... I renamed mine to "BSvizuals"

PS - if your not familiar using Terminal I suggest you do not as it is a very powerful tool on a Mac.

Screen Shot 2017-02-05 at 12.50.03 PM✨.png

Thank you all for the tips. For some reason I didn't see an icon on the desktop that indicated it represented the Phantom, nor did I have option to eject from finder. Hmmm...

Maybe I missed it. When you all plug in your Phantoms does an icon show up on your desktop that represents the Phantom?

Thank you all for the tips. For some reason I didn't see an icon on the desktop that indicated it represented the Phantom, nor did I have option to eject from finder. Hmmm...

Maybe I missed it. When you all plug in your Phantoms does an icon show up on your desktop that represents the Phantom?
It absolutely does... I posted a pic in post #4.

It absolutely does... I posted a pic in post #4.

Ok thank you. I'll have to check next time I hook it up. It's very possible that I missed it. If that's the case then ejecting it shouldn't be a problem. Thank you again.

It will be the SD card name that will show up. Depending on how much stuff you have on your desktop it should be easy to spot. ;)

Ohhh ok cool! I'll look for it next time I hook up! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20