How do I load up a video straight from pc?

Reaction score
Every time I try to load up a video directly from my pc I get 'The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension.' I have tried to change the file name, but what do I call it?

Every time I try to load up a video directly from my pc I get 'The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension.' I have tried to change the file name, but what do I call it?
where are you uploading to and what is the file extension?

You need to upload them to a hosting site like Youtube, Vimeo, Vevo, Metacafe or Flickr.
Then use the link here with the movie icon in the tool bar above where you type these messages.

ah bummer, I was hoping I could just load a video directly from my internal harddrive because the quality is much better than running it through vimeo or youtube. I was attempting to change the file name, hoping that it would accept it.

ah bummer, I was hoping I could just load a video directly from my internal harddrive because the quality is much better than running it through vimeo or youtube. I was attempting to change the file name, hoping that it would accept it.
If you want to share the video with people, you need to put it on youtube or vimeo. If you just want to watch it on your PC, then just double click it. So, what exactly are you trying to do and what steps are you taking to do it?

Yeah, if forum sites accepted movie uploads the server would need to be massive. Vimeo as I recall has better quality.

If you want to share the video with people, you need to put it on youtube or vimeo. If you just want to watch it on your PC, then just double click it. So, what exactly are you trying to do and what steps are you taking to do it?
I fully understand how to view the videos and picss on my PC. What I was trying to accomplish was a way of simply dragging and dropping the direct file from the sd card to this forum for guys to see. I was trying to avoid having to edit and then send to youtube or vimeo like I usually do.
Yeah, if forum sites accepted movie uploads the server would need to be massive. Vimeo as I recall has better quality.
Thank you I will have to go that route then.

I fully understand how to view the videos and picss on my PC. What I was trying to accomplish was a way of simply dragging and dropping the direct file from the sd card to this forum for guys to see. I was trying to avoid having to edit and then send to youtube or vimeo like I usually do.

Thank you I will have to go that route then.
gotcha

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj