How do I know which version of Naza-M my Phantom has?

Miika said:
If I understood it right, there are DJI Phantoms with Naza-M V1 and V2 out there. Is there any other way to see which version of Naza-M my Phantom has other than opening the Phantom itself?

Thanks!

From my limited knowledge I believe all Phantoms have the Naza-M-V1 controller. The Naza-M-V2 has a light orange label while the V1 has a red label. The Naza-M-Lite also has a red label but do not come with the Phantoms. I've replaced my V1 controller with the Lite when the V1 got fried. The lite seems to work just fine, it just has a slightly different set-up using a different Naza Assistant software.

I think adding the PMUv2 upgrades it to NAZA Mv2 as anything specific for NAZA Mv2 can also be done with v1 and PMU v2. The NAZA M lite I dont think can have any accessories added to it like the DJI Gimbal, iOSD, bluetooth etc. But these can all be added to NAZA Mv2 or v1 with the PMU v2 or phantom upgrade board.

Miika said:
MrMediaGuy said:
All Phantoms have V1.

Thanks for the answer!

Could we assume that Phantom 2 has the V2?

Just a guess, but I don't think it will -- but that's probably a good thing. The V2 is designed for general multicopter frames, so all its pieces are discrete (PMU, V SENS, GPS, etc.). The Phantom is a purpose-built platform and its main board includes some of the functions that are in separate boxes in the V2 (voltage sensing, PMU function, etc.). It wouldn't make too much sense to cram a V2 with all its pieces into a Phantom shell -- and if you did you wouldn't really need a main board at all.

Rather, I expect we'll see yet *another* new main board, that probably will include the one thing missing from the last one: one or more CAN-Bus ports to allow you to use iOSD, BT module, etc.

There is really no functional/operational difference between V1 and V2, but I think the naming convention somehow makes people think V2 is "better." They are just designed for different purposes but basically work the same.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20