How do I know I have correctly bound my new RE700 to Vision?

Reaction score
I am using a Nexus 7 tablet, Phantom 2 vision, and just bought a new RE700 range extender to replace my RE500 in order to get extra range. I had a lot of trouble getting it bound even though I followed the instructions and Simon Newton's video on YouTube. I kept getting a "getting binding info failed" message, or something similarly worded as I can't remember what it said exactly. Eventually it seem to get a signal from the camera. However the signal seems to drop now and again when I am sitting here in my home checking if it has linked up with the Nexus? As long as the camera FPV appears on my Nexus 7 does this mean they are at least bound? Any reason for dropped signals in my house when the Phantom is just in the same room?

Re: How do I know I have correctly bound my new RE700 to Vis

If your Nexus wi-fi is connected to the extender and you have FPV then it's working. However, it's possible to connect directly to the camera with your Nexus which would be a very short distance connection. The wi-fi should start with Phantomxxxxx while the other will be FC200xxxxx or similar.
I recently got a new RE700 and tried to bind it with my Galaxy Tab 3. I was unable to get the Tab 3 to read the QR code. I finally used my Android phone which read the code instantly. I can still use the Galaxy now that I have proper binding. Check your wi-fi connection and see what network it's connected to.

Geo

Geoelectro said:
If your Nexus wi-fi is connected to the extender and you have FPV then it's working. However, it's possible to connect directly to the camera with your Nexus which would be a very short distance connection. The wi-fi should start with Phantomxxxxx while the other will be FC200xxxxx or similar.
I recently got a new RE700 and tried to bind it with my Galaxy Tab 3. I was unable to get the Tab 3 to read the QR code. I finally used my Android phone which read the code instantly. I can still use the Galaxy now that I have proper binding. Check your wi-fi connection and see what network it's connected to.

Geo
Thank you sir, the wifi on the Nexus (i.e. within wifi settings on Android) starts with Phantomxxxx like you mentioned, however the settings within the Phantom Vision app say FC200xxxxx?

Is this correct?

I don't think the RE700 can be used with P2V, but only P2V+

BWJ said:
I don't think the RE700 can be used with P2V, but only P2V+
Nope. Works fine on mine and many, many others.

The FC200xxx is the wi-fi of the camera that connects to the range extender (RE500/RE700) Sounds like you have it working correctly if you're getting FPV. Are you also getting telemetry? As for interference etc. it varies according to location and other wi-fi signals around. I have left my Phantom outside and walked into the house with the controller and it kept connected the whole time.

Like I said before my Galaxy would not bind because it couldn't read the QR code no matter how hard I tried. Switched to the Android phone and it binded (bound?) instantly.

The RE700 DOES work with the P2V. In fact, very well!

Geo

Geoelectro said:
Like I said before my Galaxy would not bind because it couldn't read the QR code no matter how hard I tried

FYI, you dont need to use the QR code, you can enter the mac address details into the binding process instead, makes it easier, also it may take a couple of tries, and remember to hit the blue tick on the top right to write it into the app.

Here is the DJI wiki on how to bind

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phanto ... e_Extender

Make sure you select the blue checkmark at the top right of the screen after entering the mac address, or QR code scan, in the app.
I missed this step (as others have) ,... Easy mistake to make.

The Rookie

I have a new one coming in on Tuesday. Glad to see this post because I would have forgotton about the check.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj