How do I file a NOTAM?

Reaction score
I am flying a commercial project on Sunday that is close to our local county airport (Class G). The manager has asked me to file a NOTAM. How do I do this? I wasn't expecting that. I figured I just needed to let him know. Any help would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

There are couple of videos, they will guide you how to file a NOTAM. This is one:

Is this for a flight under 333 or a Part 107?

If it's a 107, I'm guessing that it's the airport operator's responsibility. How close are you planning on flying?

SB

Reactions: Falcon900
I figured it out. Since I am flying close to one, the manager asked me to fill one out as part of my preflight. I am operating under Part 107. You have to fill out the planning form on 1800wxbrief.com. It is really easy and I will be adding this to all commercial preflight. Thanks @BigAl07 for the help!

I figured it out. Since I am flying close to one, the manager asked me to fill one out as part of my preflight. I am operating under Part 107. You have to fill out the planning form on 1800wxbrief.com. It is really easy and I will be adding this to all commercial preflight. Thanks @BigAl07 for the help!

Hey bud. You're very welcome.

If everything is current ATC can create the NOTAM but we still create one for every commercial op out of an abundance of safety.

Safe flights my friend!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a new video we just posted on NOTAMs and TFRs:

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
Some of this is a bit confusing to me.
What about applying for FAA airspace authorization?
I've had not luck with that.

Ask and ye shall receive:

Reactions: Falcon900
You have to fill out the planning form on 1800wxbrief.com

If you mean the UAS Management page, then it will become a NOTAM only when you select "Have the service create NOTAM(s) for this UOA" and enter your COA number.

Entering just the location and time and other information there only puts it on that particular map, no NOTAM is generated. Click on some areas on that map and you'll see some will say NOTAM and others will not.

Neither the NOTAM/TFR video that N42742 has nor the alokbhargava video above showing the 1800WXbrief UAS Operating Area (UOA) form are showing the needed entries in the bottom right of the form as the user that has logged in for the video has not registered for this.

AFAIK, COA's are only for 333 holders, not 107.

UAS Op Area Form.jpg

Reactions: iankahr
So if you use the 1800wxbrief to define a UOA, and it's not a NOTAM, does anybody know about it?

If you mean the UAS Management page, then it will become a NOTAM only when you select "Have the service create NOTAM(s) for this UOA" and enter your COA number.

Entering just the location and time and other information there only puts it on that particular map, no NOTAM is generated. Click on some areas on that map and you'll see some will say NOTAM and others will not.

Neither the NOTAM/TFR video that N42742 has nor the alokbhargava video above showing the 1800WXbrief UAS Operating Area (UOA) form are showing the needed entries in the bottom right of the form as the user that has logged in for the video has not registered for this.

AFAIK, COA's are only for 333 holders, not 107.

View attachment 66762

That is for the old version of the website. It looks different now and when you create an account you have to specify if 107 or 333. Since I am 107, the interface is different where you don't need a COA as shown in the bottom right from the example.

That is for the old version of the website
Odd, I just now created a new user there and it's the same as before. Where are you given the choice of 333 / 107? I looked at all the Account and UAS screens and don't see it.

Odd, I just now created a new user there and it's the same as before. Where are you given the choice of 333 / 107? I looked at all the Account and UAS screens and don't see it.

So, at this point, after watching the training video again on the site, it only posted a UOA. Dave was correct with the COA for doing it on the site (333 item). If you click on the help, it does give the phone number to call to have the NOTAM for UAS and says to do it that way. Until we all have our Remote PIC and not just temporary, you will have to call since you have to give your certificate number.

Being a private pilot, I've never known of a way that pilots create NOTAM's (Notice to airman) Pilots submit flight plans to the authorities, but not a NOTAM. The FAA and/or airport usually issues them. I haven't been active in quite a while, so I may not be up on all the current rules, so I could be wrong.

So, at this point, after watching the training video again on the site, it only posted a UOA. Dave was correct with the COA for doing it on the site (333 item). If you click on the help, it does give the phone number to call to have the NOTAM for UAS and says to do it that way. Until we all have our Remote PIC and not just temporary, you will have to call since you have to give your certificate number.

FYI, I check ICARA yesterday and my UAS certificate number is there! No plastic yet.

Maybe the NOTAM is created by the feds once a part 107 pilot askes for an airspace authorization via the authorization/waiver online portal.

We can check as soon as they approve one! Several waivers have shown up, but no authorizations yet.

I am flying a commercial project on Sunday that is close to our local county airport (Class G). The manager has asked me to file a NOTAM. How do I do this? I wasn't expecting that. I figured I just needed to let him know. Any help would be great.

Nick,
Just went back to your original post. Actually under Part 107, you aren't required to notify a Class G airport before you fly. Probably not a bad idea as a courtesy, but not a requirement. The system could quickly get overloaded if we start requesting notams for every commercial flight. If the FAA doesn't think we need to contact the airport, doubt that they would think a Notam was necessary.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1