How do I enable IOC for Home and Course Lock

Reaction score
I got a P2 a few weeks ago and love it. When I tried switching to Home Lock and Course Lock mode neither worked. I believe that is because IOC is OFF. I have two questions that I hope someone can answer.

1) How do I enable IOC so I can use Home and Course Lock?
2) Why isn’t IOC enabled when the P2 is shipped, it seems like a great feature and should always be on. Am I missing something?

You will need to connect your Phantom to your computer open up the DJI Phantom 2 Assistant select the Naza button in the top bar on the upper right of the window. To switch back click on the Phantom 2 button to go back to the factory control set

Quadzilla,

Your response to read the manual is reasonable, something I might have said myself. Before I posted, I opened the Phantom User Manual V1.04 and searched. I never found anything on Home Lock.

Please forgive me, if you have a moment, can you point me to the page cause I can't find it. Maybe I am looking in the wrong manual. I did an extensive search on line. I got close, but the explanations online were for an outdated version of the Assistant.

Anyway, thanks to a post from someone else, I got the answer to question #1. But question #2 remains. Why isn't it enabled when shipped. When I try to turn on IOC, I get a warning message that switching to the NAZA-M mode should only be done by professionals or advanced pilots.

So now I am scared to turn on IOC. Is turning on IOC really something I should be careful with? I'm a newbie and when I see a warning like that, I take heed. What makes it only for professionals or experienced pilots?

thanks for taking the time to respond.

SRT,

Thank you for answering question #1. But question #2 remains. Why isn't it enabled when shipped. When I try to turn on IOC as you indicated, I get a warning message that switching to the NAZA-M mode should only be done by professionals or advanced pilots.

So now I am scared to turn on IOC. Is turning on IOC really something I should be careful with? I'm a newbie and when I see a warning like that, I take heed. What makes it only for professionals or experienced pilots?

BTW, the button I needed to hit in the Assistant to bring up the Naza-M mode is "hidden" IMHO. The "Phantom 2" button text does NOT look like a button at all or an option for a menu IMO. Poor UI if you ask me. Thanks for bringing the button to my attention. If you have a minute, I'm interested answer #2.

thanks in advance,

Rich, don't sweat the 'zilla. He's the resident instigator. And as much as the question has been asked and answered a bunch of times, the manual actually has very little information on enabling these modes, so it's a fair question. When (if) the search function gets fixed, then that might help.

The collective belief is these features are switched off out of the box to keep the new guys from getting in trouble. Just be aware of what the switches do and keep an eye on them once you enable them. Try the different modes in a big open space.

Quadzilla,

Thank you for the response and pointing me to the page. I see why I didn't find it, for good reason IMO. That section of the manual does NOT mention HL or CL which is what I was looking for. The page you pointed to discusses the NAZA-M mode which means nothing to me, it does not mention HL or CL. Thanks to you and others, I now know I need to enable NAZA-M mode for HL and CL but would never guess that on my own. I would argue that the lack of anything about HL and CL is a weakness in the manual rather than an oversight on my part or laziness.

Thank you again, I really do appreciate the pointer, I just want you to know I spent more time in the manual, the web, and outdoors flying trying to make it work than you might think. It was then and only then I asked for help. I know everyone's time is valuable and folks should not be asking questions until they are stuck or have exhausted all solutions which I think I had.

Entering this hobby without someone to point me in the right direction or answering stupid questions makes things difficult. I think the manual leaves something to be desired. It warns the reader to not enable the NAZA-M mode unless you are experienced but does not say why, which is question #2 in my original post. Why is this mode only for experienced pilots. What do I need to be careful of.

thanks again,

Some great youtube videos out there that explains HL and CL and IOC. Just have a search on youtube.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

IrishSights said:
Some great youtube videos out there that explains HL and CL and IOC. Just have a search on youtube.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

Ditto
Many if the video are much better than anything in the manual

I thought this forum was all about helping each other?

Here you go, this explains it pretty good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P6SSj0qTcM

Part 1,2,3 on setting it up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfcHlKcIshw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cuhXCx_tDI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96oQ74Tq95w

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl