How do I discharge my P2 batts?

Wire up a 12v female cigarette socket and stick a 5v usb charger in there, then use them to charge any of your other devices. You'll have to turn the battery on to make the power flow.

Side note: anyone with the 3 battery charging boards (i have one on the way), can you use them in reverse? Drawing power from the charging end or would there be too much amperage? I need to do some testing on this...

.....and if you can't fly just put some weight on the landing gear to hold the craft down and then power up. Put some power to it, with the props installed, and discharge the battery. Can do this indoors in a safe area.

mcmax20 said:
Wire up a 12v female cigarette socket and stick a 5v usb charger in there, then use them to charge any of your other devices. You'll have to turn the battery on to make the power flow.

Side note: anyone with the 3 battery charging boards (i have one on the way), can you use them in reverse? Drawing power from the charging end or would there be too much amperage? I need to do some testing on this...

Thanks for the advice. What's the polarity for the batt? Are there any male connectors available for this set up?

Eric Halberstadt

npalen said:
.....and if you can't fly just put some weight on the landing gear to hold the craft down and then power up. Put some power to it, with the props installed, and discharge the battery. Can do this indoors in a safe area.
Is this really safe to do? Wouldn't it have a chance of burning out the motors? Sorry, I'm very naive about motors and such.

canadavenyc said:
npalen said:
Is this really safe to do? Wouldn't it have a chance of burning out the motors? Sorry, I'm very naive about motors and such.
The air from the props cools the motors but you can check the motors occasionally for heat. Don't have to run the motors full throttle constantly. Just be sure to put plenty of weight on the landing gear for safety.

Very interesting topic, I never knew their was a requirement to partially discharge p2v batteries when not in use, here in Scotland there could be a few months in winter where drone could not be used, does anyone know long term storage of batteries

genisis said:
Very interesting topic, I never knew their was a requirement to partially discharge p2v batteries when not in use, here in Scotland there could be a few months in winter where drone could not be used, does anyone know long term storage of batteries

A good (long) article about LiPos, also storage aspects: http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/rc-lipo-batteries.html

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20