How did this happen? Crashed under a bridge

Jasonb said what I was thinking while I watched the video. Being under that much concrete, the P3 likely lost TX signal and entered RTH.

Very awesome how it all worked out given the circumstances!

Have you flown it since this incident?

Awe, glad you got him back!
image.jpg

Jasonb said what I was thinking while I watched the video. Being under that much concrete, the P3 likely lost TX signal and entered RTH.

Very awesome how it all worked out given the circumstances!

Have you flown it since this incident?

Dude the world will never know how fast my heart was beating after I tried to raise the phantom, but never saw the phantom raise, then a bunch of loud noise... But I did test fly her and she works just like out of the box.

Now I understand that next time luck will not be on my side and to be EXTRA super careful.

wow, you are lucky sir.

thanks for sharing...

i would have probably been swimming, lol...

Assuming you were on higher ground than the phantom and that the bridge has rebar (metal in the concrete), then you would have defo lost signal and resulted in RTH.

I have flown under bridges, but never one that low or that wide. Sometimes I lose GPS for a second, but never video or control. Not sure I would have the balls to fly under that bridge. Haha So lucky. Glad you were able to get it back.

Reactions: Nsrwholesale
Dude the world will never know how fast my heart was beating after I tried to raise the phantom, but never saw the phantom raise, then a bunch of loud noise... But I did test fly her and she works just like out of the box.

Now I understand that next time luck will not be on my side and to be EXTRA super careful.

Very glad to hear that she is flying well after this incident!

I will admit to a chuckle there for a bit. The fast beating heart, then the sheer joy of a recovered Quad must have had you ready for some alcohol. ;)

My guess is all the rebar in the bridge causes a magnetic field that the bird flew into.

Looks like they take good care of Chinese made products. What a great video /story, we should all be so lucky!!! Congrats and a gold star goes to the police.

The Drone Gods were smiling on you that day! Great story, unbelievable luck and a very happy ending. Hollywood couldn't have come up with a better story.

Luck doesn't even begin to describe your good fortune.

Reactions: Nsrwholesale

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl