How critical is the P2's 1.3 kg weight limit re safe flight?

Reaction score
I posted this yesterday but have just realised I posted it into the Vision forum by mistake ! :oops:

Anyway, although I had a couple of extremely useful replies, I'd like to get a bit more more input so - here's the question/s again:

It looks like (finally!) by the end of the week, I'll have my P2 with a Dronexpert RX100 kit and iOSD-mini all hooked up and working.

The whole thing (with the camera) will weigh in at 1.337 kg. But, after just getting an email from someone who lost 6,000 euro worth of gear with a lost hexacopter last week, I'm now looking to put a tracking device on my P2 which will weigh another 30g. And if I want to use a pol filter on the camera, that's going to add another 34g. So that would take me to 1.4kg.

How critical is DJI's stated maximum take-off weight limit of 1.3kg? Do you think 1.4kg will be OK?

And, also I'm sure I read somewhere that each 1g of weight equals a loss of 1 second of flying time. Does anyone know if that's correct? If it is, I should still get close to 18 minutes flying time (25 - ((1400-1000) / 60))

Re: How critical is the P2's 1.3 kg weight limit re safe fli

Pretty sure that weight limit has been broken a number of times. It may be a bit sluggish but for filming it'll probably just be a little bit more stable. That and a little less flight time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic