How can I remove DJI Go and put DJI Pilot back

Reaction score
I had not problems with DJI Pilot, have flow with it 30 or more flights with no problems it auto updated to DJI Go. I now had issues with it the 1st flight and on. I have not done the flash updates with the drone or remote yet. Is their anyway I can remove DJI GO and get DJI Pilot back into my Ipad mini 2. I see you can not get the DJI Pilot app on Apple Download site, only have the DJI GO now.

what firmware are you on? I would suggest upgrading to the latest firmware and see if that solves your problem... since now you have the ability to go backwards on firmware... how could it hurt?

If you had synced on your computer, you could Delete GO from your device and reload from the computer, assuming you have not synced with your computer since updating GO on device.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
I'm pretty sure that if you have not sync'd your iPad since the GO app downloaded that you can delete the GO app from your iPad and then sync with iTunes to reinstall the older app. That's how I did it when I reverted from 1.2 to 1.1.2. If you do this, it might be a good idea to sync your flight data first just in case. Then after the reinstall, check all of your setting especially the RTH settings.

I had not problems with DJI Pilot, have flow with it 30 or more flights with no problems it auto updated to DJI Go. I now had issues with it the 1st flight and on. I have not done the flash updates with the drone or remote yet. Is their anyway I can remove DJI GO and get DJI Pilot back into my Ipad mini 2. I see you can not get the DJI Pilot app on Apple Download site, only have the DJI GO now.

If you have the ipa file for the DJI pilot app you can reinstall it. This is only possible if you have been backing up your device to a computer with iTunes. Search your computer C drive for *.ipa look for DJI pilot then copy it to a new location.

If you synced your device to iTunes after it was already updated to the go app then the ipa file for the pilot app will no longer be there but it may be in your recycle bin so check there and if you see it restore it back.

Once you are at the point where you have the DJI pilot .ipa file you can then proceed to delete the go app from your device, synch to your computer. Then on your computer in the file folder you copied the pilot app install file to, double click on it so it adds it to iTunes. Next time you synch you will have the old pilot app back.

what firmware are you on? I would suggest upgrading to the latest firmware and see if that solves your problem... since now you have the ability to go backwards on firmware... how could it hurt?
You can go backwards with the aircraft firmware but not the remote controller. My P3A is on its way to DJI repair because 1.3.2 bricked the controller.
I had reverted back to Pilot by deleting GO from the phone and restoring Pilot from iTunes backup. Didn't help the "disconnected" problem though.

I checked my computer's I tunes and DJI Pilot is not on it anymore, checked my trash folder and its also not on it. Also searched hard drive for the .ipa program.
any other way to find and install DJI Pilot.

You could re install an version of the pilot app using I-funbox if you have or can locate a version of the as .ipa file...... Just a thought

Sleekdog, I have an ipad mini 2 also and I updated the latest firmware, had a few minor hiccups, but then did a imu calibration and a gimble calibration and it flies perfect, have you tried that

I am on firmware 1.2.6
don't want to update it yet, so I can return using the DJI Pilot app. Had no problems with it.
When it installed DJI GO, my first, second, third flight I got disconnected, program rebooted, bad video. I see that a lot of people are using the DjI GO and installed the new firmware and they are having reboot, disconnect problems. I am sure DJI will get on this problem and offer a download fix, but I feel safer with the old program and firmware for now. Just need a copy of the .ipa file.

Link sent :)

If you don't have the .ipa file in a backup or on a drive...you'll be out of luck with officially supported apps. AppleIDs are stored within the .ipa file, so you cannot use another's....only your own.

This may not quell your concerns, but although you are seeing a few people with issues on Apple devices (that is natural, they come here to air their issues, and get resolutions to their problems...so you'll hear about them more than successes), most are flying better under than the new App/firmware versions than before. I wouldn't normally recommend you upgrade before you are comfortable if you were perfectly happy with the version you have....however, if you likely cannot find an appropriate .ipa file...I think an upgrade of the firmware is a good next step.

This isn't to say you won't have to trouble shoot your disconnect issues, but many are flying without such a thing...so you can likely get help with next steps. Going backwards with the iOS app may not be a solution, but going backwards with the firmware is. Make sure you turn off Auto Upgrade on your iOS device, so the next round you aren't in the same dilemma.

Last edited:
Thanks Taz
That is my thoughts also, Ist I will try to reinstall Pilot, if not I will do the firmware.

Taz you are right, I got a copy of Dji Pilot but it will not install as it is tagged to the original downloader. I wished I had the auto update turned off on my Ipad and I would of been ok.
Looks like I am going to install the newest firmware and use Dji Go.

Sorry you weren't able to find a workable older version. It seems a large number of people that are having video lag, disconnects, etc is due to how devices attempt to cut down their processing power to regulate their temperature (not just iOS devices, but Androids as well). In many cases it seems that the difference between those that have issues, to those that don't is a difference of a few degrees. I believe iPads have a suggested ambient temperature upper operating limit of 95F. If you're in fact having issues related to heat...I'm guessing you're in a warmer than typical climate. Overheating will dim the screen....slow down the processors...etc. The DJI App is pretty intensive in its processing, so not surprising it'd cause overheating faster in high ambient temperature locations. There is a very good overview of how to possibly address heating issues on iOS devices here that gives 7 tips on how to decrease processor strain, thus decreasing accumulated internal temperature: http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...for-the-best-dji-pilot-app-performance.48388/

I'd also add a couple suggestions 1) Try a sun shade, direct sunlight can cause the device to heat up faster 2) Remove any case you might have on your iPad. Heat dissipation will be slowed with a case. 3) perhaps try placing a damp paper towel behind the device in the holder. If heat is the issue, this may be just enough to keep you running longer.

Good luck.

I checked my computer's I tunes and DJI Pilot is not on it anymore, checked my trash folder and its also not on it. Also searched hard drive for the .ipa program.
any other way to find and install DJI Pilot.

if you use time machine go back before you installed it, it will be there in the iTunes folder.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj