How can I charge my controller?

Yes mine is standard. On page 21 in the manual it shows the controller. It has to turn on and charge both in the on position. Like I said before. I turn on and the light shows bright red, plug in the charger and the green lights flash. If the controller is near the low end, only one green light will flash, nd as the battery builds up the more lights flash, until all four are flashing. Then they all turn solid green and the red light turns white and the unit starts to beep.
I tried charging with the switch off, and it seemed like it was not charging. Takes about 2 1/2 hours to charge, and that's what the manual says it should take. Who knows, maby I'm wrong. Jerry
Tried your method , started with 75% charge , took 2 hours , main led turned YELLOW not white , look at led status chart -- YELLOW indicates control stick calibration error . Battery fully charged but remote controller is not connected to the aircraft , 2 hours is too long to charge from starting point of 75% plus the yellow indicating error ----- CHARGE WITH THE RC IN OFF POSITION -- faster and no error code .

I'm shure you are correct. Because I have a lot to learn. The owners manual does not say squat about anything. I've only owned this P3s for one week, and I have a lot to learn. Wish someone would come up with manual that would explain everything. Not DJI's manual that has 85 pages and is useless Jerry

I'm shure you are correct. Because I have a lot to learn. The owners manual does not say squat about anything. I've only owned this P3s for one week, and I have a lot to learn. Wish someone would come up with manual that would explain everything. Not DJI's manual that has 85 pages and is useless Jerry
still learning here too

The manual is weak in a lot of spots, there have been changes to the firmware that arent reflected in the manual and there are some errors as well. That said, manuals in general for many RC vehicles suck and the manufacturers are tending to rely on forums like these to inform their users.

I use my Samsung phone charger and cable to charge my Standard. If you have a known good charger and cable that puts out 5volts and works with other devices, try charging for 3 hours with the switch off and see what the charge level is on the remote control. If it doesn't look like the charge level is up then try changing it with the switch in the on position. If it still hasn't charged something is defective. These controllers are produced in different batches and I don't think anyone can guarantee that they all work the same - IMHO

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl