How can I charge my controller?

Reaction score
Hi!!
Ive just got my new p3 standard and I don't know how to charge my controller, o plug the white cable to the wall and the controller blink 2 green lights but I've been doing this for all night and the battery is still in 33%
Does anyone know what is happening and how can I charge the controller??

Thank you!!

Plug a standard micro USB charger into the micro USB port on the bottom of the controller. If that's what you are doing and it's still not charging, I'd start troubleshooting by trying a different cable and charger - or if you have something else, like a phone, that charges with micro USB, check if the cable and charger work with it.

charge in the off position , red led will turn green when charged, takes up to 3 hours and you don't think anything is happening , but you'd think it would eventually fully charge even in the on position .you may still have a problem .

Plug a standard micro USB charger into the micro USB port on the bottom of the controller. If that's what you are doing and it's still not charging, I'd start troubleshooting by trying a different cable and charger - or if you have something else, like a phone, that charges with micro USB, check if the cable and charger work with it.

Thanks but I think that's not the problem because when I connect the micro USB to the controller, the lights start blink like if it was charging normally, the problemas is that is not charging :( I don't know if the controller has to be on or off or I don't know :(
But anyway thanks!!

charge in the off position , red led will turn green when charged, takes up to 3 hours and you don't think anything is happening , but you'd think it would eventually fully charge even in the on position .you may still have a problem .

When I charge it in the off position the red light starts to blink very fast in red, not green. It's that the way it should blink?

P3S battery led.PNG
is the left stick locked down ?

I had to turn my controller on. Light turns red, then when charged, the light turns white, and all the green lights stay solid

are you sure , not like my standard , not like manual says (post # 10 ) 4k maybe ? standard and 4k are different .
Yes mine is standard. On page 21 in the manual it shows the controller. It has to turn on and charge both in the on position. Like I said before. I turn on and the light shows bright red, plug in the charger and the green lights flash. If the controller is near the low end, only one green light will flash, nd as the battery builds up the more lights flash, until all four are flashing. Then they all turn solid green and the red light turns white and the unit starts to beep.
I tried charging with the switch off, and it seemed like it was not charging. Takes about 2 1/2 hours to charge, and that's what the manual says it should take. Who knows, maby I'm wrong. Jerry

page 21 and page 25 in the manual are conflicting , page 25 tells you to charge turned off that's what I've been told by others and I've found it charges quicker turned off than turned on and no mention of white led in led status chart on page 25

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik