How big is the need for a big screen

Reaction score
Hey all

Using galaxy s5 5.1 inches for fpv. I want to buy something bigger, maybe a used Tab 4 which is 7 inches. But is it really that big of a difference? I know its a bit stupid question but ill formulate it this way - does it improve the quality and experience of flying? Or i can stick with my s5

tablet is so much better

Using iPad mini here. Perfect size for me. Wouldn't want to go smaller or bigger

Just bought a iPad mini2 yesterday, AMAZING difference!! Love it! I just bought a used one wifi only for $130...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I think a lot has to do with the individual too. I started out with an iPhone 6+ but my eyes ain't what they used to be. I switched to a iPad Air 2 and that has been much better for me.

Reactions: bobomet
Just bought a iPad mini2 yesterday, AMAZING difference!! Love it! I just bought a used one wifi only for $130...

Yep i use the same one. Wifi only. I just tether to my iPhone to load maps and I'm off.
I find using a matte anti glare screen protector helps a lot with the bigger screen too.

I have a note 3 and used it for months and it works great. Then I bought a Nvidia K1 and it adds a couple of inches. I don't need a sun shade with the phone but I really need one with the bigger screen on the K1. So if you plan on going larger, you will also need a sun shade. The only problem with the K1 is that I now know for sure that I can go bigger, and the best part about the K1 is that I can just hook it up to a 12vdc 36" monitor with the HDMI output and this is why I bought it. I use the K1 and it is great, I have a couple 24" or bigger screens around, so I have the best of both worlds. I still need to take the big screen out with me but that will come in time.

I use both Galaxy S5 and a galaxy tab 4 10.1. Both work amazing, but the bigger tablet is great if you want to see detail while flying.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If your blind like me.. I use a galaxy tab e 8.0 works pretty good still can't read the text without my glasses but for sure a far better experience than my s6

I use my 5.7" Note 5 in a modified VR viewer for 2D full screen viewing. It looks like a big screen and bigger with no glare is way better.

Reactions: KC4E
iPad mini 3 bro right size right weight and recommended by dji Help and dji

I like the biggest size possible..I like things being spread out on the screen so I don't fat finger things as often. Big upside for me there. Not to mention that I don't ever have to switch the views they are large enough by default. I used a phone initially and that was awful for me. IPad Air2 was taking this to another level. I'm not going back.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
From what I've read in other threads, most people seem to think a 7 inch screen is a good balance between what is easy to see vs what is too heavy or bulky.

I like the biggest size possible..I like things being spread out on the screen so I don't fat finger things as often. Big upset for me there. Not to mention that I don't ever have to switch the views they are large enough by default. I used a phone initially and that was awful for me. IPad Air2 was taking this to another level.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Try my view with a phone in a modified VR viewer. HUGE screen, NO glare.
Will HDMI Glasses work with P3A?

From what I've read in other threads, most people seem to think a 7 inch screen is a good balance between what is easy to see vs what is too heavy or bulky.

Exactly!

I use a Tab S and love size.
I did upgrade the mount that screws in to the controller. The one that came with it seemed a little flimsy holding the tablet vs a phone.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik