How Balance self tightening Props

LuvMyTJ

Admin
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I am curios how owners of P2 or P1 1.1.1 are balancing the self tightening props. Does the center pop out or does it require something special. I have a traditional style prop balancer but it requires the shaft to go through the middle.

Reactions: dirkclod
I have searched the web. I figured asking here would yield proven results from owners. Most of what I see on the web doesn't look to reliable. Especially the common one of sticking a piece of tubing over the end of the rod to stick the prop onto. Thanks anyways.

LuvMyTJ said:
I have searched the web. I figured asking here would yield proven results from owners. Most of what I see on the web doesn't look to reliable. Especially the common one of sticking a piece of tubing over the end of the rod to stick the prop onto. Thanks anyways.

That's how I did mine.... Smooth as a top.... There's a guy that sells a rod that threatss into the prop too just don't remember his name.....

So the proper solution seems to be a threaded rod. Looks like I will need a new balancer as mine will not accept a rod like that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl