How about new drones?

Reaction score
The next generation of drones is just around the corner, but most of the companies have been silent about upcoming features. What will these features be? Will it be all around weather proof, sound capturing capabilities, silent motors, lighter overall weight with longer battery life, or a mix of it all? What do you guys think will be the next best feature for the next-gen. of drones?

Parrot has come out with something like flying wing, called Parrot Disco. Can fly for 45 minutes. I'm going for it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I'd hope it's got to be battery technology, I'd be happy if my P3 replacement in 2018 weighed less and flew longer and quietly, and had batteries that could be charged 200 times with any loss of efficiency. I have no need to fly further/faster/higher, even if the law allowed me to. Can you imagine trying to land a Parrot Disco after the inevitable crowd assemble to ooh and ahh at it's flight capabilities. It seems that it's just 'stuffed' into the ground rather than landing in the accepted sense of the word.

The next generation of drones is just around the corner, but most of the companies have been silent about upcoming features. What will these features be? Will it be all around weather proof, sound capturing capabilities, silent motors, lighter overall weight with longer battery life, or a mix of it all? What do you guys think will be the next best feature for the next-gen. of drones?
Weatherproof?, a couple of raindrops on the lens and your camera is no use.
Sound capturing? What sound are you going to catch?
So far no other manufacturer has matched Lightbridge that was on the P3 1.5 years ago.
Most of the features being marketed are just fluff like retractable landing gear or object avoidance.
The big feature I'm waiting for is a better camera, something with a bigger sensor.

For me, it's zoom lens.
I wish I can still fly high at my kid's sporting event (and not distract them) and still zoom in to capture good video.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Weatherproof?, a couple of raindrops on the lens and your camera is no use.
Sound capturing? What sound are you going to catch?
So far no other manufacturer has matched Lightbridge that was on the P3 1.5 years ago.
Most of the features being marketed are just fluff like retractable landing gear or object avoidance.
The big feature I'm waiting for is a better camera, something with a bigger sensor.
Hopefully a better camera on dji's future drones will be an applicable upgrade to the other phantom series like 3+4

awesome...looks like some technical swapping though....waiting for a response to see before and after pictures from the company

Was just making the point that there's nothing particularly unusual about it. That's all.

Was just making the point that there's nothing particularly unusual about it. That's all.
Lol... oh. Well, I still asked them for a before and after on their youtube channel. Who knows, they might figure out themselves that it's incrementally different.

60 KM LOS range/100 kms. autonomous flight, 200 KPH. If you want to impress your friends.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

60 KM LOS range/100 kms. autonomous flight, 200 KPH. If you want to impress your friends.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
If only I can put a rocket launcher in my backpack for hiking trips... :)

How about the announcement today for the GoPro Karma with Hero 5 Session for $1000. Camera is water proof and the gimbal appears to be removable to use for non-drone video. Portable form factor with foldable prop arms.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

How about the announcement today for the GoPro Karma with Hero 5 Session for $1000. Camera is water proof and the gimbal appears to be removable to use for non-drone video. Portable form factor with foldable prop arms.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

It doesn't seem to have as many features as the phantom, but I suppose the removable camera would be nice. I'm waiting to see what the features and pricing will be on the new DJI Mavic which will be unveiled on the 27th.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic