Hover test

Reaction score
Well i got my 2 multistar 4000 3s batteries from hobbyking. I have a dual battery setup with a garmin virb elite cam. My bird is a phantom 1.1.1. Total takeoff weight with the multistar batteries is about 1320 grams. It was a breezy day wind about 10 to 15mph. Did a hover test kept her at about 3 to 4 ft. It was a bit hard to control her sometimes when wind got gusty. Not to mention was only getting 3 sattelites the green light was flashing rapidly 3 times. I timed her about 22 min before a gust of wind sent her into our bushes its ok was only 3 ft high. I had to quickly pack her up as i had to get to work. Had more time as i did not get the low battery warning lites on the drone before she hit the ground. I am so far happy with these batteries as i only get about 14 to 15 min with the stock dual batteries.

Well i got my 2 multistar 4000 3s batteries from hobbyking. I have a dual battery setup with a garmin virb elite cam. My bird is a phantom 1.1.1. Total takeoff weight with the multistar batteries is about 1320 grams. It was a breezy day wind about 10 to 15mph. Did a hover test kept her at about 3 to 4 ft. It was a bit hard to control her sometimes when wind got gusty. Not to mention was only getting 3 sattelites the green light was flashing rapidly 3 times. I timed her about 22 min before a gust of wind sent her into our bushes its ok was only 3 ft high. I had to quickly pack her up as i had to get to work. Had more time as i did not get the low battery warning lites on the drone before she hit the ground. I am so far happy with these batteries as i only get about 14 to 15 min with the stock dual batteries.
Could you post a pic up of your duel battery set up pleas as I'm new to this drone flying , I have a duel carbon plate fitted but would like to see how you have mounted the battery's eg top side under side etc etc
Thanks digger

Heres a picture of my drone with the stock batteries the multistar ones go in same spot are a little tighter but she flies great no problems.

Attachments

• 1440528705835.jpg
    1440528705835.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 445

Nice flight times for a P1.1.1 dual battery setup...:)

What were the individual battery weights and type props were you using?

Most guys I know report that P1's get very sluggish with AUW's over the 1200 maximum AUW recommended by. DJI

I agree good time my P1 loaded gimbal , cam , iosd , immersion , 2800 battery , P2 9443 props around 1250 weight . Flys like a rock and get around 6min flight but I'm flying not hovering .
In the pic he posted looks like the stock 8's (props) .

Well the hover test was a test to say the least with the gusty winds and only getting 3 sattelites. The stock batteries weigh about 170 or so grams if i can remember without looking it up. The new multistar weigh 244 grams each. The total lift off weight is arpund 1320 grams with the new batteries and around 1200 grams with stock batteries . I intend to test fly with the new batteries in the next day or so. Stay tuned.

Reactions: 750r
Yes the pic is with stock batteries and stock props thats my next item to get is better props, anyone have ideas whuch ones are good for the 1.1.1 only did the hover test to get a aprox flying time compared to the stock ones i realize going to be different when i am actually flying it.

Reactions: 750r
anyone have ideas whuch ones are good for the 1.1.1
P2 9443's DJI or the P2 9450's DJI
I like the 9443's but the 9450's you little more lift . Ya have to try them both you can never have enuff choices :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4