Houston we have a problem! Can you help?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Recently purchased a DJI Phantom .. And have gotten the flashing yellow lights since first power-up. I think I have a newer phantom with the self centering toggle sticks and the receiver button is inside the battery compartment rather than inside the machine. I am really at wits end with what to do .. I checked and there is no updates I need to have or anything in NAZAM .. I have also heard that selecting DBUS instead of PPM will maybe work but I click DBUS and go to the view screen and controller still isn't working.. just trying to get these dang lights to stop and get her flying. Is there a way I should be powering up the machine and the controller that I am not doing correctly possibly? I have heard that I should start it with holding down the throttle but the stick is auto centering so i am confused since the video I watched the stick stayed down so maybe the procedure changed with this model?

this is what I did on my computer and I am still getting no response from my controller on the Nazam software ( stick movement has no effect )

Installed Driver software

Installed NAZAM 2.20

Imported Parameters

Advanced Calibration .. First time was a failure with the MC temp too high, tried again and it worked 2 minutes later But i am still getting no response from my controller and I don't know where to go from here..

If it matters the light on my controller is red and currently the LED inside the battery compartment is not lit up so I think that means it does have a connection correct?

Any feedback would be extremely helpful from the community I know this is somewhat a popular questions

~ Brian

OI Photography said:
Did you follow the steps on Page 3 of this (step A3): http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... ual_en.pdf

(You'll need to use the bind button inside the battery bay instead, but the steps should be the same)

I turn on my remote and than the aircraft and the LED inside the battery compartment is not lit up anymore but i am still flashing yellow.. Do you know if it could be because maybe I am starting up wrong? Is there a different order of operations for power up with the newer self centering sticks?

No special way to power up, just turn on the Tx first and then connect the batt to the Phantom, sounds like you're doing it right.

As long as you're sure you're following the binding procedure properly and you're still not connecting, I'd say the odds are your receiver is faulty. Hopefully you can still exchange the Phantom if that's the case, but if not the receiver is cheap and easy to replace.

OI Photography said:
No special way to power up, just turn on the Tx first and then connect the batt to the Phantom, sounds like you're doing it right.

As long as you're sure you're following the binding procedure properly and you're still not connecting, I'd say the odds are your receiver is faulty. Hopefully you can still exchange the Phantom if that's the case, but if not the receiver is cheap and easy to replace.

Should the light be green or red on my remote control? I really want to try every possible solution before i return it or replace things so any other suggestions are welcome

Wants2Fly said:
OI Photography said:

Should the light be green or red on my remote control? I really want to try every possible solution before i return it or replace things so any other suggestions are welcome

Under normal operation the light on the Transmitter stays red.

First, let's be sure you're fully connected to the NAZA. When you you're in the assistant software, click the "Tools" button on the top. Do the compass and other values there display, and change a bit with any movement?

Next, verify that your Receiver Type setting is correct. If you have one antenna coming out of the body, it needs to be "PPM", if you have two, it must be set to "D-Bus"

If all of that looks good, and you've done the binding process, and still don't have connection, then there's not much else you can check/try.

OI Photography said:
Wants2Fly said:
OI Photography said:

Under normal operation the light on the Transmitter stays red.

First, let's be sure you're fully connected to the NAZA. When you you're in the assistant software, click the "Tools" button on the top. Do the compass and other values there display, and change a bit with any movement?

Next, verify that your Receiver Type setting is correct. If you have one antenna coming out of the body, it needs to be "PPM", if you have two, it must be set to "D-Bus"

If all of that looks good, and you've done the binding process, and still don't have connection, then there's not much else you can check/try.

Yeah, the numbers are changing and its connected... I guess its a faulty receiver because the blinking won't stop and the link from receiver to transmitter doesn't need to be made because it is not lit up inside the battery bay :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers