Houston, TX - Any Phantom Pilots?

Reaction score
Any Houston, TX Phantom Pilots?

If so, I would like to learn more what wide public areas that you have found to be RC flying friendly. How about any local RC clubs?

Thanks.

I have flown my phanom out at bear creek park on the west side with no issues. I don't know of any RC clubs however. I saw your post about the FPV systems and I too am interested in upgrading to this capability. Let me know if you get it working.

I'm in Pasadena, South East side of Houston. Hit me up anytime, tons of flying sites. I've been flying RC for 15 years.

I'm over in League City. Just recently bought a P3A and have been looking for places to fly!

Ton of stuff we could go fly, could go down to Kemah/clear lake and get some boat shots, or Galveston (if we have calm winds)

Right now, its cold, so I'm trying to stay away from the windy cold areas (ie. Galveston) lol, so I'm doing some of the old buildings in Pasadena, like the tall old bank building, etc. Found a place on the map that'd be good for flying Armand bayou area, then after that i'm gonna hit up the top/back side of Taylor Lake and get some good shots of the undeveloped areas out there. Hit me up, my user name is the same on Facebook, GodFear17 I have messenger if ya wanna go fly...

Besides that, there are a ton of cool parks, land marks, and neat areas I'm trying to hit up as quick as I can for a documentary im working on.

Hey guys, I am needing to hire someone to fly a construction site for me in El Campo and take pics/videos of site conditions. The sooner the better. Will pay on the spot..no worries there.

The max distance is about 2.5 miles. Any suggestions or takers?

I am late but I am also from Houston just bought my P4 a week ago and loving it. Where is some cool places to fly drones does at

I know this is an older thread but I live in Kingwood up on the NE side of town. Lots of trees in my area make flying a challenge!

Im close to Kingwood as well. I have not flown yet but will take the bird out for the first time tomorrow. Dont really know any areas around here yet but I will be looking.

Im close to Kingwood as well. I have not flown yet but will take the bird out for the first time tomorrow. Dont really know any areas around here yet but I will be looking.

I did my first flights at a local elementary school playground since school is still out. I positioned myself under the edge of the covered basketball court so I had a little shade and a level place to sit in the folding chair I brought and had a clear view of my drone in front of me on the soccer field. This is my first drone so I mostly practiced take offs and landings and just getting the feel of the controls and trying to avoid crashing!

I'm in the same boat. My son and I are taking it out today to do just that. Gotta be honest, I have butterflies about the first time up. You can bet I will take it slow and easy until I get the feel for it. I'm confident with just flying around and getting the hang of it, I am more concerned about learning the app, all the "do's and dont's, and all that good stuff. I have been reading for weeks now and think I've done my homework, but its still nerve racking! But in a fun way!

I know this is an old thread but I'm in the NW part of town (Jersey Village/Cypress area). Would love to find more places to fly in Houston. I also have a friend here that is looking to do the same.

Reactions: xblpx

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers