Houston Fliers are ya out there??

West Houston. I fly at Bendwood Park fairly routinely.

Surprised you find a day there without many people, busy little park...

Reactions: treytexag
Kingwood here, usually fly at various parks around Lake Houston. Would love to meet up with other flyers in the area.

Did You work on Moose Bird Lee?

I just purchased the DJI P3 and I'm near Clear Lake, NASA. I'm a beginner and definitely need some advice from the experts here around Houston. Let me know when will be your next meet-up (any where near Houston) & I'll try to join and learn :)

A newbie question... any troubles flying in public parks? Can anybody name a few good places for a noob to practice flying?

Clear Lake here also! And also a beginner. Got my P3P about 2 days ago. Had about 6 flights so far. I am in Middlebrook and there is a small park right across from my house....easy access.

Stilgar

Hi, I'm in Tomball.

I'm curious if there are any groups established which educate and/or tour around the NW or SW Houston area flying their copters. I'd be interested.

My jeep club is doing a breast cancer fund raiser this Saturday. I may go out there in the afternoon though

I really don't know how long it will last. These things can be an all day event

Im in League City. i fly everyday I get a chance. Professional photographer so I am really working on my skills flying and capturing great photos. Anyone interested in flying around here?

im in pearland
ordered the P3A a few days ago, would be nice if i could meet and watch someone fly their drone before i receive mine

Pearland here also. I have the P3 and the Inspire. Let me know when you want to get together.

Chuck
832-287-7470

Reactions: mush
Hey guys, so I live in Houston, and I lugged my Phantom all the way to Africa (Ivory Coast) and then on a helicopter to this offshore "Platform" (not really a platform, because it's a converted tanker called and FPSO). So here is the result. I made this video, then my company asked me to "clean it up" so they could put it on their website. The second video is a combo of GoPro (with Feiyutech G3) and Phantom.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Enjoy! I plan to trade my P2 for P3 as soon as I get back home!

By the way, just for your information, the shot of the offloading tanker as it is approaching the FPSO is approximately 4500 ft away from where I was standing on the FPSO. I guess out here in the ocean, there is not much interference. Also things look A LOT closer than they really are. I lost signal at 4500 ft right before I reached the tanker and then it went into autopilot and came home. The opening shot is of the Phantom coming home.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31