House antenna

Reaction score
Hi
I just purchased a phantom 4 then boosters , amplifiers plus antenna because the range was poor.
Now I'm think of putting a large antenna on top of my house to give me even more range.
I have been asking around but can't get any good advise.
Is there any pro out there that can tell me what antenna's i should to use ????
regards the hunter

don't know if it is mentioned in other thread, but i used to have a house boat with tv antenna that had a servo motor so i can turn the antenna when i parked in a different spot. might be worth looking into so you can point it the direction you wanna fly.

Hi
I just purchased a phantom 4 then boosters , amplifiers plus antenna because the range was poor.
Now I'm think of putting a large antenna on top of my house to give me even more range.
I have been asking around but can't get any good advise.
Is there any pro out there that can tell me what antenna's i should to use ????
regards the hunter
Mounting a 2.4 GHz antenna on height will definitely help but how are you planning to connect it to your RC? RC has two antennas.

Mounting a 2.4 GHz antenna on height will definitely help but how are you planning to connect it to your RC? RC has two antennas.
That's simple. Buy the clean install kit for the RC from MAXX UAV. Run two cables down from the two antennas on the roof.

Read this thread for all the details, buying the right antennas and amps are key.
Flying from inside house or car anyone?

Last edited:

hi
thanks for the reply.
i bought a evo kit from maxx.
so if i mount 2 * 2.4 GHZ wifi antennas on the roof of my house ??? (run the cables down).
regards

You should first try from the roof of possible and then come down.

You should first try from the roof of possible and then come down.
hi
i was looking on the net and the 2.4 ghz are only 3/4 foot long.
can i use an other type I'm thinking of putting an antenna's 3 meters/10foot long because where i live there are trees and building and when i lower the drone it becomes out of site, therefor i loss signal.
thanks again

Impedance matching is the trick on long coax cables. Ask the antenna supplier to provide you with matched long cables

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj