Hot motor and prop fly off and I found this

Reaction score
Is this an issue that could cause the motor to heat up and prop come off
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1438278187.713023.jpg

Seller is luckily local and said he's gonna fix me up good- but the things I noticed, very hot motor, prop came off twice while landing, and battery life is iffy

Dang man. I cannot think that would be good. It looks like a brass screw holding that ESC to the frame. Even though brass isn't a good electrical conductor, it still has a low conductivity property.

So you had a prop come off the P2V? Does the motor still work? What's the description of the crash and damage? Can you tell if that is just dried flux from the soldering or is it actual PCB de-lamination around the soldered wires? Those soldered wires look kind of ugly and rushed.

From what I've read, opening the cover on the Quad voids your warranty although, I had mine off within a week of getting it to inspect for problem areas.

It sucks to have that happen. I'd be asking for a replacement even if opening the cover voids the warranty.

So it was landed when the prop came off both times- I think the decel on the motors caused the trouble one to stutter or something and bam prop flies off. No crash but lots of heat- it was an eBay buy and I'll see what happens later today as its looked at. I'm just making sure I don't get told what I wanna hear and nothing is fixed haha or a shortcut is taken

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan