Hosted video editing

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a surface pro 4 with intel i7 and 8 Gig RAM but it has next to none GPU or video memory so it can not edit the 4K my p4p records. What's a good hosted video editing site

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Never edit in 4K unless you have an $80.000 editing suite.

I am new to the editing world and wouldn't mind $80 editing software however that will not run on my Microsoft surface. That's why I am asking about hosted software.

I am new to the editing world and wouldn't mind $80 editing software however that will not run on my Microsoft surface. That's why I am asking about hosted software.

He was saying $80,000 not $80 - but that isn't true either... when I got into the business seriously - I bought a Macbook Pro, 2 4K monitors and Final Cut Pro X - it screams... Final Cut Pro x is optimized for Macs... in other software like DaVinci Resolve or Adobe Premier Pro - you can use proxy media (lower res versions off the footage to do the editing, then when rendering it uses the full 4K footage... Mind you, you have to ask yourself "Why am I outputting 4K video, who can utilize this...?" One nice thing about 4K is that because of the higher res... you are able to digitally zoom into an area of the frame with minor loss. and output in 2K or HD. Make sure that you don't have the codec set to H.265 - cause you will likely have to convert it to H.264 or Apple ProRes to input to your NLE.

Reactions: antnyp85

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl