HORRIBLE flight time! (HELP)

L

lightingbryan

I have a Phantom 2 | H3-3D Gopro Hero3+ | AVL58 | iOSd Mini | FPV Hub. Most people with this setup are claiming to get around 14-15 mins. I am getting anywhere from 9 to 11 mins. The only thing I can think of is the battery? When I turn on the Assistant software it flashes a popup on the screen for a second and says that the battery is not authentic DJI, but quickly disappears. Do others get this message? Its quick and in the bottom right of the screen.

Any way to improve flight time (besides the obvious, like removing weight)?

Keep in mind I only let the battery get down to 26%-28% before landing.

Thanks!

Windy in Northern Utah? If your fighting winds of 1-8mph all the time, batteries wear down fast. Do you fly around alot , or hover? How is you cg? off balanced cg will also shorten battery life.

Cr8tive_leo said:
Windy in Northern Utah? If your fighting winds of 1-8mph all the time, batteries wear down fast. Do you fly around alot , or hover? How is you cg? off balanced cg will also shorten battery life.

It has been slightly windy but over the last 10 flights the time has only changed between 9-11 mins. Today was very windy and I only got 9. On an day with almost 0 breeze I got 11.5.

All the parts are under the bird. attached with velco. So if anything there is a slight off center to the back of the craft. But I have not seen ANYONE put a FPV setup in the front of the bird (how would that work?) I could see running the hub or mini up front in the top but then you have to have long extra cables that just add weight.

A faulty battery could cause bad telemetry being transmitted. But also consider the weight being a factor. I know of ways to slim down your setup.

Yogibara said:
A faulty battery could cause bad telemetry being transmitted. But also consider the weight being a factor. I know of ways to slim down your setup.
What would you suggest and how do I find out if my battery is ok? I haven't checked the voltage, but today I do remember seeing it at 10.1 which I think is normal

Ah that's a good question. Which is the argument as to why DJI would use a proprietary battery. W/o opening it up that is.
Here's what I would do. I would remove all the extra stuff and test out flight time; see if it's any better. If it's significantly better then it might be a weight issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl