Horrible Customer Service Experience

Reaction score
I bought a Phantom 2 Vision + directly from phantom (received it on May 6). The gimbal acted funny on startup so I e-mailed support china and USA and was told I had to call them. After several calls and sitting on hold forever I gave up and started a paypal claim. If I turn on the phantom and just walk around holding it the gimbal will start going to a 45 degree angle and back to where it was over and over and over (absolutely no good for my videos). I just received an e-mail from paypal...
Please provide documentation to confirm that the item you received is damaged or significantly not as described.

This documentation should be from an unbiased third party, such as a dealer or repair shop, and should detail the extent of the damage or confirm that the item you received is significantly different from what the seller advertised. This third party should be someone who is qualified to appraise the item you received.

Please do not proceed with any repairs or alterations to the item until the
case has been decided.

The information should be on letterhead that includes the name, address,
and phone number of the appraiser so that we may contact them if we require additional information. We are unable to reimburse you for any cost
associated with obtaining this documentation.

So apparently if you buy from DJI and have an issue on a NEVER FLOWN phantom you will have to fight them tooth and nail for a return or replacement. DJI customer service is so bad it's EPIC! I'm floored that I bought an item from the internet that has issues and cannot get it resolved nicely.

While I do understand your frustration, I'm not sure that starting a PayPal claim before even speaking to DJI is the right thing to do. Yep. DJI is just hammered with support calls and can't handle the volume. No excuse for that. Hire more people. But shouldn't you speak to them first and try to get an RMA before you try to cancel payment?

Received defective goods. No response from seller. It's perfectly fine to file a PayPal claim.

You do not need a third party to endorse your statement. That's juts boilerplate from PayPal.

Just indicate that you received a defective unit that does not perform to the published specs (be detailed) and PayPal will take care of you.

D_Tshudy said:
While I do understand your frustration, I'm not sure that starting a PayPal claim before even speaking to DJI is the right thing to do. Yep. DJI is just hammered with support calls and can't handle the volume. No excuse for that. Hire more people. But shouldn't you speak to them first and try to get an RMA before you try to cancel payment?

Since I couldn't get ahold of them on the phone I had no choice to go to paypal. Going through paypal does the same thing that I was trying to do through DJI, you still have to send the item back to the seller before they will credit your account.

It's incredulous that I was sent a defective unit and am having problems trying to... at first have it repaired, now I just want my money back and I'll go back to building my own video platforms which I can support.

ChimChim said:
Received defective goods. No response from seller. It's perfectly fine to file a PayPal claim.

You do not need a third party to endorse your statement. That's juts boilerplate from PayPal.

Just indicate that you received a defective unit that does not perform to the published specs (be detailed) and PayPal will take care of you.

I hope so, I'm trying to communicate with Paypal and continuing with DJI, we'll see how it goes.

I just tried to recreate the issue and nada, can't do it so it's intermittent. Anyone have any ideas? On startup the camera shutters and makes a bunch of noise for about 5 seconds then settles. When I carry it around the house occasionally I can hear a buzz from the gimbal. When I initially opened this complaint with DJI the camera was acting like the gimbal was gear driven and missing a few teeth as the camera would fall to face down then go back to 45 degrees over and over. I'll try it later in the day when it's warmer.

Wahapainan said:
I just tried to recreate the issue and nada, can't do it so it's intermittent. Anyone have any ideas? On startup the camera shutters and makes a bunch of noise for about 5 seconds then settles. When I carry it around the house occasionally I can hear a buzz from the gimbal. When I initially opened this complaint with DJI the camera was acting like the gimbal was gear driven and missing a few teeth as the camera would fall to face down then go back to 45 degrees over and over. I'll try it later in the day when it's warmer.

Wahapainan, mine does this also. When it starts up, the camera jumps around a little and then stabilizes. It has never repeatedly moved around though.

D_Tshudy said:
Wahapainan said:

Wahapainan, mine does this also. When it starts up, the camera jumps around a little and then stabilizes. It has never repeatedly moved around though.

Mine settles down after startup. But it will start just dropping 10-15 degrees and going back to 45 down over and over. Then it will stop. I can't recreate it and it seems to be completely random. If I fiddle around I'll get it to do it about once every hour or so. Absolutely no good if I happened to be filming. Still fighting with paypal.

The craptacular customer service continues, just received the following e-mail after another bout of trying to get this fixed. Recall I received this on May 6, on May 9 I notified them of the issue via e-mail and again on May 11th. I also had a local DJI employee verify that there is no damage and the Vision+ was never crashed. I hope if you are considering purchasing a DJI product you consider all the customer service issues they are having. The fact that they are hassling a customer like this is inexcusable.

Dear XXXXXXXXX,
Thank you for your reply. I am sorry but I am afraid we can't exchange this unit for you. Please kindly refer to our after-sale service policy.http://www.dji.com/service Your order have passed the 7 day return window. Could you please kindly call our LA support for repair service? Your understanding is highly appreciated.

It's clear DJI doesn't care. Short term thinking. Someone else will enter the market and they will go out of biz.

I'm hoping the Hubsan X4 Pro or the Parrot Bebop are going to live up to the hype. Might even do another Ardupilot based video platform. I like what DJI has for products but whoever is supporting these products needs to go find another job as they lied on the app.

I hear where your coming from. I also had an issue with my v2+ Recently and emailed china to get a claim going.
Honestly stop dealing with china and just wait on hold for a few min while you call the Cali office. Use the prompt to get to tech support. I spoke with them a couple of times they were really helpful and got my claim going quickly. I had to send my unit back after having it 20 days. They paid for shipping and the day after receiving the broken unit a new one was on its way with expedited shipping to have it back in under a week and a half.

Give the cali office a call it's worth the effort.

Good luck.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik