Horrible audio feedback from Hero 3+ w/ H3 3D

Does the sound only last a couple of seconds? "Audio feedback," which is the title of the thread, is when a mic records a speaker and a loop is created. I apparently don't have the version of GoPro he has as mine has no speaker that I know of.

freefall101 said:
I have the same issue, he's referring to the whining/beeping noise at the end of the video, in the last couple of seconds.

Adanac...
The noise is there all the time AFTER you switch your phantom 2 on. It stays there until you turn off your battery on the phantom 2.
It has to be an electrical interference causing feedback somewhere.
If you have this sound in your P2 you will hear it once you upload the gopro video to your computer. Once you have the video uploaded, open the gopro studio and add the clip and take a listen. it will be there trust me...its very loud. its always there but it cvannot be heard once you launch the P2 off the ground because the wind and blades over ride the sound, but it is heard again once you land the craft.

cokeaddict said:
Adanac...
The noise is there all the time AFTER you switch your phantom 2 on. It stays there until you turn off your battery on the phantom 2.
If you have this sound in your P2 you will hear it once you upload the gopro video to your computer. Once you have the video uploaded, open the gopro studio and add the clip and take a listen. it will be there trust me...its very loud. its always there but it cvannot be heard once you launch the P2 off the ground because the wind and blades over ride the sound, but it is heard again once you land the craft.

It's present when using the H3-3D with the P1 and other platforms as well, and I've actually found that sometimes it goes away on it's own, even without having started the props, if I wait 3-5 minutes (which is obviously impractical to do every flight). I was doing some testing with it the other day, and I discovered by accident that the noise actually faded and went away before I fired up the motors...but once I stopped the motors I could hear it again, it had returned again sometime after I started them. I'm not positive, but I think the noise is related to the amount of current the gopro draws through the charging circuit, and the noise faded when that slowed to a trickle charge. Haven't had the change to confirm that hypothesis yet though.

I don't have this problem as I apparently don't have the same version of GoPro. There is no speaker on mine. No speaker, no feedback. My gimbal makes noises sometimes but I try not to worry about them as long as it's working.

adanac said:
I don't have this problem as I apparently don't have the same version of GoPro. There is no speaker on mine. No speaker, no feedback. My gimbal makes noises sometimes but I try not to worry about them as long as it's working.

It's not a true audio feedback loop, but rather electronic noise captured in the camera's recorded video. Switching to the old "Hero port" from H3-2D's and early H3-3D's seems to eliminate it, and this seems to be another viable workaround: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=19936

That's what I wondered, yet I had to assume it is as the OP said, and what it's been called for 3 pages (and what it will, no doubt, continue to be incorrectly called). I don't have the problem with my Discovery Pro and hope the OP solves his problem. I'm still not clear on what "presentation" is ruined by the sound but good luck! :)

OI Photography said:
adanac said:

It's not a true audio feedback loop, but rather electronic noise captured in the camera's recorded video. Switching to the old "Hero port" from H3-2D's and early H3-3D's seems to eliminate it, and this seems to be another viable workaround: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=19936

So here is something interesting. I have the same problem except that when I plug in my GoPro 3 not the GoPro 3+ I don't get the noise. However I have another problem with the GoPro 3 and that is if I don't power it up before I power up the phantom the GoPro will lock up and start to get extremely hot. Then the only way to get to camera to work again I need to remove it from the H3-3D and remove the battery. Any one else have this come up?

Hi

I just fitted my h3-3d and the gopro3+ and I'm also getting this sort of feedback sound , read all the thread and will have a look at the other interference thread but if this problem (for me it's a problem ) can't be solved I will return the gimble.

The zenmuse is not a cheap product and if it wasn't ready or had defects DJI should have not launched it.

Anyway I will take the avl58 of and see if it stop doing this cos it could be the fan but I'm not sure which fpv transmitter are you guys using and if ur not using Dji avl58 and still have the same sound pls report here so maybe we will start isolate this problem.

Hope we will sort it out.

Just a note about feedback. Feedback is a particular sound caused by a particular thing. One cannot call the problem described here feedback because it's not caused by a microphone and speaker "connected" to the same loop. The different names for sounds cannot be used interchangeably. You cannot call a car horn a "hum" or the sound birds make a "rumble." We use the appropriate name for each sound. Why that is is above my pay grade. It's just the way it is. :)

This seems pretty basic and the reason it's important here is because it can be hard to diagnose problems through a forum and if we use the wrong words for things, and in this case we're deliberately doing so, it just makes it harder to solve for everyone having to deal with it, both now and in the future for people searching old posts.

Hopefully, the folks dealing with the problem can find an answer despite the mis-information. :)

adanac said:
Just a note about feedback. Feedback is a particular sound caused by a particular thing. One cannot call the problem described here feedback because it's not caused by a microphone and speaker "connected" to the same loop. The different names for sounds cannot be used interchangeably. You cannot call a car horn a "hum" or the sound birds make a "rumble." We use the appropriate name for each sound. Why that is is above my pay grade. It's just the way it is. :)

This seems pretty basic and the reason it's important here is because it can be hard to diagnose problems through a forum and if we use the wrong words for things, and in this case we're deliberately doing so, it just makes it harder to solve for everyone having to deal with it, both now and in the future for people searching old posts.

Hopefully, the folks dealing with the problem can find an answer despite the mis-information. :)

Lets just call it the unwanted sound ...for me is not working well and if its a hum or a horn it's a sound that its not suppose to be there .

We need to find the cause of this unwanted sound , this is my set up

Gimble / iosd mini / fpv hub / avl58 transmitter

Cos it could be the new USB gimble or the fpv hub or avl58 , I would rule out the iosd but you'll never know and about the interference board some said it didn't make any differance with or with out it so .

If we could post the set up here maybe we will narrow it down before starting unplugging and pluging different components .

Norangat said:
adanac said:

Lets just call it the unwanted sound ...for me is not working well and if its a hum or a horn it's a sound that its not suppose to be there .

Cos it could be the new USB gimble or the fpv hub or avl58 , I would rule out the iosd but you'll never know and about the interference board some said it didn't make any differance with or with out it so .

If we could post the set up here maybe we will narrow it down before starting unplugging and pluging different components .

If you're talking about the same high-pitched whine on the audio recorded by the gopro, as stated above the cause has already been isolated. Unplug the ribbon cable from your gopro or block the power leads on it, and you'll find the noise is no longer there. My post above lists the known workarounds.

OI Photography said:
Norangat said:
adanac said:

If you're talking about the same high-pitched whine on the audio recorded by the gopro, as stated above the cause has already been isolated. Unplug the ribbon cable from your gopro or block the power leads on it, and you'll find the noise is no longer there. My post above lists the known workarounds.

Read the interference thread I will try it out and see if the FEEDBACK :eek: has gone :D

Cheers

OI Photography said:
cokeaddict said:
Adanac...

It's present when using the H3-3D with the P1 and other platforms as well, and I've actually found that sometimes it goes away on it's own, even without having started the props, if I wait 3-5 minutes (which is obviously impractical to do every flight). I was doing some testing with it the other day, and I discovered by accident that the noise actually faded and went away before I fired up the motors...but once I stopped the motors I could hear it again, it had returned again sometime after I started them. I'm not positive, but I think the noise is related to the amount of current the gopro draws through the charging circuit, and the noise faded when that slowed to a trickle charge. Haven't had the change to confirm that hypothesis yet though.

This sounds like it's power related. When the GoPro is at full battery, the electricity stops flowing through one of the internal circuits and the interference disappears as a result.

Disconnect the power being supplied to the GoPro with the instructions in the thread that I've linked to in my above post. This will be the definitive proof as to whether or not it is power related. This will be highly useful for a number of the members on here.

Hey everyone. I also have this loud buzz on the playback whenever the gimbal powers up. I have done the mod that removes power to the gopro and I still get the buzz. if I unplug the ribbon cable/usb the buzz goes away. However I'm sure I'm not charging the gopro as there is no red light on the front and the battery icon does not show charging. But this mod worked for other people? Any other ideas??

Thanks

FlyingHigh said:
Hey everyone. I also have this loud buzz on the playback whenever the gimbal powers up. I have done the mod that removes power to the gopro and I still get the buzz. if I unplug the ribbon cable/usb the buzz goes away. However I'm sure I'm not charging the gopro as there is no red light on the front and the battery icon does not show charging. But this mod worked for other people? Any other ideas??

Thanks

It seems like you haven't disconnected the power. I know you say that you have, but the persistence of that buzzing sound lends itself to the contrary.

Re-read that power disconnection thread and try that power fix one more time with a fresh piece of tape/plastic and post your results.

The mod ( sticky tape and just leave the first 2 contacts ) worked a treat

Thanks alot guys I'm a happy champer now :mrgreen:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers