Horizontal Lines in FPV Video Downlink

Reaction score
Hi all, quick question... ever since I upgraded from the H3-2D to the H3-3D (and yes, I installed the interference board inside my P2), I've had dim, white horizontal lines that scroll vertically in my FPV monitor (The GoPro footage recorded on the SD card is fine). I did not have these white horizontal lines with the H3-2D. Any idea's what's causing this?

DesertFlyer53 said:
Hi all, quick question... ever since I upgraded from the H3-2D to the H3-3D (and yes, I installed the interference board inside my P2), I've had dim, white horizontal lines that scroll vertically in my FPV monitor (The GoPro footage recorded on the SD card is fine). I did not have these white horizontal lines with the H3-2D. Any idea's what's causing this?

Sho' nuff! viewtopic.php?f=26&t=19936

Thank you! Well, I've got a used GoPro plug from an old H3-2D coming in the mail. Once I get ride of that **** ribbon cable USB plug maybe all will be well! We'll see...

Sounds good! The first H3-2D port I bought for that purpose seems to be a dud, can't get it to work. Many people have had success with doing that mod though.

I bet if you check video recorded on the gopro when that's connected you'll discover a high-pitched whine you can hear before the motors start or after they stop.

OI Photography said:
Sounds good! The first H3-2D port I bought for that purpose seems to be a dud, can't get it to work. Many people have had success with doing that mod though.

I bet if you check video recorded on the gopro when that's connected you'll discover a high-pitched whine you can hear before the motors start or after they stop.

Yeah, I screwed up the GoPro plug when I removed it from my old H3-2D. Pissed me off! Been looking for one ever since. A member here messaged me and told me he had one. It's in the mail now. Hopefully it works!

No high-pitched whine with my current set-up with the ribbon cable.

When you get that installed would you mind taking a few pics? I just want to make sure I'm not missing something silly before I start looking for a new one.

OI Photography said:
When you get that installed would you mind taking a few pics? I just want to make sure I'm not missing something silly before I start looking for a new one.

Did you buy that H3-2D port used from someone? If so, I hope you didn't pay to much. They are pretty fragile (as I found out the hard way). The one I pulled off my old H3-2D looked fine visually, but apparently one of the wires in the ribbon broke and it doesn't work. Can't tell by looking at it though.

OI Photography said:

When you say "new one", do you mean a new one or a new used one? If you have a source for buying these new, please message me the link!

DesertFlyer53 said:
OI Photography said:

When you say "new one", do you mean a new one or a new used one? If you have a source for buying these new, please message me the link!

I'd really like to know where everyone is getting these boards on the cheap

lol sorry, I just meant "another used one" when I said "new one" :oops:

I know the H3-2D's are fragile and the one I bought was with the understanding it didn't function properly due to the obvious break of the ribbon cable under the pitch motor (the ribbon cable connection closest to the ground), so I knew what I was getting in to. It wouldn't have been too much to pay if the port I needed worked, but unless I'm missing something with the way I'm installing it this one is non-functional. At first I thought the plug wasn't seating all the way in the slot on the back of the camera, but I checked and it slides in as far as it can go. Still looks to my eye like the plug should sit about 2mm higher than it does in the camera cradle.

freefall101 said:
DesertFlyer53 said:
OI Photography said:

I'd really like to know where everyone is getting these boards on the cheap

I've been watching ebay for used, non-working and/or crashed H3-2D's to rob this part off of.

OI Photography said:
lol sorry, I just meant "another used one" when I said "new one" :oops:

I know the H3-2D's are fragile and the one I bought was with the understanding it didn't function properly due to the obvious break of the ribbon cable under the pitch motor (the ribbon cable connection closest to the ground), so I knew what I was getting in to. It wouldn't have been too much to pay if the port I needed worked, but unless I'm missing something with the way I'm installing it this one is non-functional. At first I thought the plug wasn't seating all the way in the slot on the back of the camera, but I checked and it slides in as far as it can go. Still looks to my eye like the plug should sit about 2mm higher than it does.

Can you post a picture of it?

@Ol Photography - I can't seem to find that thread anymore - is the link bad or has it moved? Just curious as what the answer is to getting rid of the white lines in the video feed on my iPhone from the Phantom 2 Vision + with the Zenmuse H3-3D conversion on it.... Thanks for your help!

Is it really that annoying???
The horizontal lines are from the power to charge the gopro. The unshielded flex cable is exposed to interference. The fix is by grounding the plug. This leaves an unclean look with a cable hanging out.
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/solved-video-interference-h3-3d-iosd-gopro3.24836/#post-320174

If you are using the side USB flex cable, there is a method where you can tape the top part of the flex cable and leave the lower 2 exposed. This will leave video only. I cant find the link.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic