Horizon y axis problem

Reaction score
Hi!

Ive had a crash recently and since then my HD3D gimbal is tilted to the right slightly about 15

Its a phantom 2 with a gopro 3+ black.

Ive tried:

-Basic / advanced IMU recalibration. My office table is pretty flat, the camera is way off with respect to its angle anyway!
-Flashing HD3D firmware, updating
-RC Calibration within own software and assistant software
-Changing y axis axle angle, Initially was aligned and desaligning it does not hold. (Following roughly these ideas:
-Checked for bent top arm (distance seems ok, not noticeably bent) , metal plate.. seems pretty straight, (should i dismantle it and lay it flat?)

Any ideas would be really appreciated,

Thanks,

Tom

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    407.5 KB · Views: 341
Which one was that crashed H4 or H3 gimbal? There was a discussion a few weeks back that if loosen the allen set screw on the horizontal at the motors shaft you will be able level if it then retighten it down. You will have hold that motor when adjusting the arm. Personally I had the same problem with a H3-2D which wasn't as bad as yours but could never get ie completely level. You will also need metric allen wrenches.

Hi Jason,
Thanks for your reply. Its the hd3d gimbal.. Ive tried unscrewing the hex y axis and holding the motor but it seems to set back in its original position when i apply torq.
Ive seen videos if guys doing that on the vision 2+ Gimbal, where i got the idea but hard to get it work on mine after a few tries. Think i should give it another go and hold down the motor more. Cheers

Tom

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers