Horizon tilts when yawing

It's more than likely a problem with the Gyro Trust value.

The Gyro Trust setting is a value written into firmware that effectively paces a bias and mix between the gimbals gyroscopes and accelerometers. The higher the trust given to the gyro the less the gimbal will be affected by fast aircraft movements - However..... too high a value weighted in favour of the gyros over the accelerometers will cause horizon drift which is what you are experiencing.

The good news is, it's very easily fixable.
The bad news is - DJI do not allow the end user to alter this setting/value.

I think you have two options really:

1. Do a complete gimbal reset and reload the firmware from scratch - (see here -> http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=28455076&postcount=11) and see if that cures the problem

2. Return it to your dealer for service/replacement.

So i noticed that I am having this issue. When i yaw or do a wide turn i notice the horizon gets slightly tilted then slowly corrects itself after i stop yawing or turning. I am not in FPV mode, so that is not it. I am always good at doing IMU calibrations every few weeks so i don't think that is it. Wondering if doing the gimbal reset would fix this.

my gimbal has done this straight out of the box, & despite many videos on forums showing it i've always been told its down to my flying. Is it just the gimbal mounting underneath that needs returning?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE9G13KhWaY[/youtube]

p fandango said:
my gimbal has done this straight out of the box, & despite many videos on forums showing it i've always been told its down to my flying. Is it just the gimbal mounting underneath that needs returning?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE9G13KhWaY[/youtube]
You know i was thinking maybe this is the rubber dampeners. I swapped the fronts to the the blacks and stuffed them with some foam to make them more ridged to help get rid of some jello. What dampeners are you using? Maybe what is happening when we yaw it is causing the opposing dampener to stretch and it corrects when you stop. I can see if your dampeners are too soft this could happen. I will throw the whites back on the front and see if that fixes it.

shartlza said:
You know i was thinking maybe this is the rubber dampeners. I swapped the fronts to the the blacks and stuffed them with some foam to make them more ridged to help get rid of some jello. What dampeners are you using? Maybe what is happening when we yaw it is causing the opposing dampener to stretch and it corrects when you stop. I can see if your dampeners are too soft this could happen. I will throw the whites back on the front and see if that fixes it.
i've got the white dampers in, i don't think its rotating quick enough to put such stresses on & stretching the dampers like that. I will try the blacks tho.

p fandango said:
shartlza said:
i've got the white dampers in, i don't think its rotating quick enough to put such stresses on & stretching the dampers like that. I will try the blacks tho.
Yea, i swapped the white ones back in and still had the same issue. I did a gimbal reset and had some issues, but luckly fixed that. I have not had the time to fly to see if that fixed it. I will report back.

Did it fixed the problem ?

Sent from my SM-P905 using Tapatalk

Does yours do the samething or are you just trying to see if any of their solutions corrected the problem??

I think the same.
When ever I turn and yaw it takes the gimbal few seconds to fix horizons level. It's lazy behavior.
I all so have a balance issue which the horizons is 2-5 dgree off . but more important is laze attitude

Sent from my SM-N915F using Tapatalk

I think the same.
When ever I turn and yaw it takes the gimbal few seconds to fix horizons level. It's lazy behavior.
I all so have a balance issue which the horizons is 2-5 dgree off . but more important is laze attitude

Which gimbal do you have? Is ti the H3-2D or H3-3D?

H3-3d

I looked at the video (jello test) you had posted and did see any problem with the yaw. The camera moves smoothly when you yaw left or right. Maybe if you do have a problem with the yaw post a video as print does show such problems Was that video shot with the GoPro's stock lens?

Someone mentioned doing a gimbal reset if you were having problems with it. Well here is a video in how to do a reset.

I will post a video soon. This video awas edit. Yea basicly I was asking if it worked

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl