Horizon Tilt?

Reaction score
Is this horizon tilt? Is there a way to fix it? I have it on FPV rather then follow me. Anything else I can do? I don't think I started noticing it until I added a trackimo 100 on my landing gear, then did a calibration.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442609911.159873.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442609930.961333.jpg

Do you shoot raw and jpg? Do both and check the raw. If it's not on the raw looks like firmware upgrade issue. Are you on the latest firmware?

Do you shoot raw and jpg? Do both and check the raw. If it's not on the raw looks like firmware upgrade issue. Are you on the latest firmware?

JPEG

I am on the latest firmware for my phantom and 8.3 for my iPad... Would a gimbal calibration help?

No harm in trying. Some people had similar issues when they updated but didn't appear on the raw image. So try that because if it's not on the war the. It's not a mechanical fault. Try using 16:9 ratio as well to see if it goes. Do you have a p3a?

No harm in trying. Some people had similar issues when they updated but didn't appear on the raw image. So try that because if it's not on the war the. It's not a mechanical fault. Try using 16:9 ratio as well to see if it goes. Do you have a p3a?

Yes P3A, I'll try Raw and 16:9. I don't know if I have ever done a gimbal calibration, I'll try that too.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442611532.586198.jpg

I took this photo about a two weeks ago. Does not seem to have any horizon tilt. I believe this was on the latest firmware. Although since this photo I have gotten a new iPad Air 2 and a trackimo 100. Which is installed on the landing gear, opposite side of compass.

I always have the gimbal adjustment on about 1.2, lots of people report it and it always seems to tilt naturally to the right unfortunately

Horizon tilt is a real problem that has been reported literally countless times across several FW versions. There are two separate issues that I have been able to ascertain from reports.

1. Tilted horizon. This presents as an horizon that is constantly tilted in a similar direction and angle. This can be a mechanical issue or not. Each case is different. If not mechanical, it can be helped sometimes with a level IMU calibration followed by a standard gimbal calibration or a mid air gimbal calibration. It can sometimes also be helped with a gimbal roll adjustment. In prior FW versions, the gimbal roll adjustment value was volatile, meaning it would not remain set if you restarted your Phantom. The latest FW versions have changed this setting to be non-volatile, so once you set it the value will remain set.

2. Drifting horizon. This presents as a horizon that varies as you yaw. It will be level in one direction, slowly tilt one way, return to level, slowly tilt the other direction, then level again. It may also show as perfectly level to begin a flight, only to slowly drift out of level throughout the flight. Doing a level IMU and gimbal calibration may often give false hope as the horizon may appear to be level for a while, and then suddenly begin to drift out of level. Some people have been helped with this issue with each FW update, but many have not. From what I have read, this issue has been known to occur on the Inspire as well.

Reactions: JoBe

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj