horizon tilt issue

Reaction score
I have weird horizon tilt issue with my P4. As you can see in the attached pictures it`s not only a tilt on the gimbal, or "fisheye" effect. I tried to calibrate the gimbal on a nice flat surface, also adjust the tilt, but nothing helps.
Anyone knows what`s the problem?

Attachments

• IMG_0867.jpg
    IMG_0867.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 479
  • IMG_0868.jpg
    IMG_0868.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 502
Do the IMU calibration followed by the gimbal. The craft has to be perfectly level when you do this. If it doesn't help, then you'll probably have to get in touch with DJI. As JWarren points out, it's a very common problem.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To save people time: that YouTube video is a slideshow of images showing a titled horizon with text overlays addressing the viewer and DJI to complain about their failure to address this.

I find that if I turn the bird on, on a perfectly flat surface it is good, sometimes in a heavy wind it may tilt a bit. You can adjust in flight but when you change direction the wind may cause it to tilt the other way. Starting the bird on a crooked surface the gimbal is off in my case.

Easy way to fix it!!
Send it to DJI for gimbal replacement, or, wait for warranty to expire and replace it for a new one for the nice "cheap" price of $379. [emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The tilted horizon can be fixed. I corrected my tilted horizon by doing the following: With your DJI Go app on, Turn on your controller then your Phantom. Click and hold the bottom right C2 button on the bottom of your controller and turn the camera setting dial wheel on the front right of your controller and it will adjust your gimbal horizon to the left or right

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic