Horizon not straight

It's a known bug... They're aware of it.... Don't throw yourself off a bridge.

mine got better after update to 1.1.8, then imu calibration after keeping it in the fridge for 10 minutes and immediately after I did gimbal calibration. Both done on level kitchen counter. Then I did compass calibration at the park, didn't do gimbal calibration anymore and its mostly level, but that was only 1 flight so far. gonna have to see what it does from now on. I wont do gimbal calibration unless its perfectly level like my kitchen counter....

mine got better after update to 1.1.8, then imu calibration after keeping it in the fridge for 10 minutes and immediately after I did gimbal calibration. Both done on level kitchen counter. Then I did compass calibration at the park, didn't do gimbal calibration anymore and its mostly level, but that was only 1 flight so far. gonna have to see what it does from now on. I wont do gimbal calibration unless its perfectly level like my kitchen counter....
I even went so far as to level it from the top with a piece of glass across the motors. Level in 6 directions and still goes wonky during a flight. Also noticed if I bump the gimbal back to the right when it's pointing a little left it will go back to center.

I didn't pay attention if its pointing straight on that 1 flight, but on the ground it is usually pointing left a little. So that's not fixed. I get to see my left landing gear here and there, even spotted it in my last flight video while only climbing but only for a split second......

Ah the feeling of paying to be a beta tester. You got me again DJI, you slick dog. Had to buy a Rotorpixel for my P2V. Thought everything was worked out by now...

I am noticing this same issue (I think all of us likely are...). I'm wondering if the FPV versus Follow modes for the gimbal have any effect on this. Unfortunately, I asked this question after it's already dark and with rain likely for the next few days. Has anybody experimented with these different modes to see if that has any impact on the horizon leveling problem?

Chris

I am noticing this same issue (I think all of us likely are...). I'm wondering if the FPV versus Follow modes for the gimbal have any effect on this. Unfortunately, I asked this question after it's already dark and with rain likely for the next few days. Has anybody experimented with these different modes to see if that has any impact on the horizon leveling problem?

Chris
I can give it a shot today and see if anything changes. Ive had no issue with my horizon until the 1.9 update. Ive done IMU and Gimble calibration without success.
Pretty bummed out as I really notice it.

My P2V+ was off level ever so slightly, so when I saw the level feature in the DJI pilot app I was pretty excited. Needless to say my excitement quickly turned to disappointment when I actually tried to level the horizon on my tablet. I noticed if I get it level using the app, it will drift from side to side (horizon) depending on which way I turn my phantom. I do not have FPV mode on, I checked. It will only do it a few degrees, but it is a glaring problem to me. I shouldn't have to adjust all of my videos just to have them level...

How un level does this video look? I think it looks pretty bad.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Same problem here. What if one puts a few sheets of paper on the opposite side of the tilt? Shouldn't that make the horizon level?
I am aware that this is not a permanent solution but could at least be a temporary fix until DJI does something.

Same problem here. What if one puts a few sheets of paper on the opposite side of the tilt? Shouldn't that make the horizon level?
I am aware that this is not a permanent solution but could at least be a temporary fix until DJI does something.
I've done this in order to fudge a camera calibration and it seemed to have worked for me. Took a few tried to get the right height but it's pretty much right on level now.

The problem is mostly mechanical. You have to adjust the potentiometer shafts to fix it.

Do an in air gimbal calibration. It will said it failed but worked for me.

If the table is not level you can level the craft... Pennies, dimes, credit cards or even paper under the corners of the landing gear. Use a level from motor to motor front to back and left to right or right to left if you prefer. But get the craft as perfectly level as you can to do the IMU calibration.

If the table is not level you can level the craft... Pennies, dimes, credit cards or even paper under the corners of the landing gear. Use a level from motor to motor front to back and left to right or right to left if you prefer. But get the craft as perfectly level as you can to do the IMU calibration.

i did this and it helped a little bit but doing an in air calibration worked better.
this was after i did both

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The problem is mostly mechanical. You have to adjust the potentiometer shafts to fix it.

I upgraded to firmware 1.2.6 on my P3P and first flight it looks like the off horizon deal is much much better. Note I did the actual firmware upgrade on a level surface as I knew from other posts that the camera does some weird extreme movements during the upgrade. I did a cold IMU, gimbal and then compass calibration on a level surface (first two).

Reactions: Akrosfer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.