Horizon not straight

hmm okay, and how can you measure if the surface is level? or is it not so critical?
Use a torpedo level, can get one for $5 at Lowe's. And yes, the surface has to be level or you're defeating the purpose.

Thanks for the tip :) I will look at it when my P3 arrives.
When anyone have other tips for leveling etc. please let us all know :D

Check your kitchen work top with a spirit level and it will prob be more or less level flat.
My wife walked into the kitchen once with my son behind saying daddy what are you doing, to which my wife replied he is either thinking about plans for the new kitchen i want, or it has something to do with that bloody drone. :D:D

leekiya: lol haha. But when calibrating, the second pass is to hold the P3 with its nose down. How can I level that?

Can you do the gimbal calibration indoors? Or is there some reason this should only be done outdoors?

leekiya: lol haha. But when calibrating, the second pass is to hold the P3 with its nose down. How can I level that?

You are thinking of a compass calibration which you do outside.
We are talking about a IMU calibration which should be done on a very flat level surface, and only something which you need to do every now and then.

Okay understood. Have I to do that on the PC with software like with the Phantom 2?
And are there any instructions how to do it somewhere?

Yes in the app, and then the gimbal calibration after that and you should be good to go with perfect gimbal horizon when you fly. :)

Okay nice! I see (too) many video's on YouTube of P3-owners with not a level video ;)...

These devices go through hell before they reach you.. It's always wise to do an advanced calibration if things don't appear to be just right.

These devices go through hell before they reach you.. It's always wise to do an advanced calibration if things don't appear to be just right.
I assume leveling the outside top of unit will be fine? On the older phantom units we found it works best leveling at the NAZA as the NAZA was not level with the unit.... obviously I don't want to open the unit a void the P3P warranty :mad:

Correct, the more level the unit the better.

There was some thread for the P2 on best way to level the Phantom for an advanced IMU calibration. General conscientious was open the Phantom and lay your bulls level on the Naza (not possible with the P3) or remove the props, place a glass sheet on top of the motors and level from there. Because the flight controller should be on the same horizontal plane than that of the motors.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic