Horizon FPV antennas

Reaction score
A big thankyou to horizon FPV and in particular Will what a top guy. Spent several emails to and fro making sure I for exactly what I needed. Will was absolutely brilliant and gave me Saturday delivery free. Can't recommend this company enough and with just the mods done at controller end and wifi extender 100% more range on both. Next is the UAV end to get even further range.
If anyone has range issues this is the company to go to. Will has over 40years experience in RC antennas.
Any questions re the mods let me know

smatty2023 said:
A big thankyou to horizon FPV and in particular Will what a top guy. Spent several emails to and fro making sure I for exactly what I needed. Will was absolutely brilliant and gave me Saturday delivery free. Can't recommend this company enough and with just the mods done at controller end and wifi extender 100% more range on both. Next is the UAV end to get even further range.
If anyone has range issues this is the company to go to. Will has over 40years experience in RC antennas.
Any questions re the mods let me know

what antennas did you go with on the controller and wifi end? i wouldnt mind doing an antenna setup on the same end but I need it to be low profile and easily removable so i can fit in my case.

http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce ... -full-kit/

The above is what I used they look big but they are reasonably small but very light. A very easy mod to do on both the extender and controller just be careful removing the silicon from the jack in the controller use a very sharp knife and take small shavings off at a time and gradually work it loose. I am trying to post some photos but they are too big so trying to compress them to post them.

Hi here is a photo if finished product

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 632
that's cool, but looking for something a bit smaller that can still improve my wifi without making my controller look like a science experiment lol.

Pull_up have you done the mod on the uav?, if so got any pics of the position of the antennas. Also saw you vids dry good!!.

All these options look great from Horizon FPV. I am thinking that the basic kit might be best for me too. Then again, maybe the extreme kit with a pair of large Blackhawks on the repeater and the bigger 5.8 blackhawk on the TX? I guess not so great for just normal flying around - usually I don't go further out than 2000' and my current setup is ample for that. But it would be simple to connect the Blackhawks for long distance flights. The extreme setup would definitely look like a science experiment!

Since my current setup works pretty well (omni & tplink directional antennas on the repeater only), I will wait and see the results you guys get from these antennas and upgrade in a while. I hope someone takes the plunge and gets the extreme kit as soon as it becomes available.

That antenna orientation is not that great should try and aim it down
But if it works for you great

smatty2023 said:
Oh ok should that type be always facing down then?

Down would be optimal
It will work don't get me wrong
But you will have a dead spot when yawing

smatty2023,

what test result did you get ? horizontal distance and altitude, vertical distance ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik