Horizon FPV Antennas Terminator Extreme Unboxing

Reaction score
I did a couple videos last night of my unboxing this kit. I also have a few pictures today. Haven't had a chance to put it together yet. The stand looks very durable as well as the panels and compact tripod head. I can't wait to get it together and get a flight in! Hopefully tomorrow I can get it set up!
Unboxing Review Videos

20160709_204740 1.mp4
20160709_205408 1.mp4

Pictures
20160710_182802.jpg
20160710_182819.jpg
20160710_182413.jpg
20160710_182547.jpg
20160710_182401.jpg
20160710_182232.jpg
20160710_182130.jpg
20160710_182212.jpg

Last edited:
The cable ties were for shipping purpose only, the 5.8 amp is velcro fixed, but I will print the case and send it over to Beau

hi there , the cables ties on the 5.8 GHz RF is not right , we have a cased unit for that , ill see that one is sent out to you .
Hey Will, that's okay! I actually have a 4W 5.8 GHz RF I might use too, It's wider, like the duel 2.4Ghz, so I should be able to mount it on top right?

I gotta thank you Will for the setup, this is an excellent build quality. This whole setup looks more durable than anything I've ever seen!

Last edited:
The cable ties were for shipping purpose only, the 5.8 amp is velcro fixed, but I will print the case and send it over to Beau
Tom, Thank you for sending this awesome kit to me, I will try and set it up tonight! BTW I'm going to post a review on this product on your site. You guys are looking at 5 stars so far, I'm anxious to try out!

Reactions: dirtybum
Hey Will, that's okay! I actually have a 4W 5.8 GHz RF I might use too, It's wider, like the duel 2.4Ghz, so I should be able to mount it on top right?

I gotta thank you Will for the setup, this is an excellent build quality. This whole setup looks more durable than anything I've ever seen!
yes but i don't like to see cables ties on there , we did provide a case to put the RF amp in , i have sent the file to Tom to send over to you, and believe me the gold one id more that enough.

We do build for ruggedness and like military grade , we want these to last and all our builds are made to last.

Last edited:
Can't wait til you get it all set up BeauS! I want to see more images of those panels, they look different than mine. The tripod stand looks tough as nails. I could not use my regular tripod it's not built tough enough to withstand these awesome panels. I used a construction tripod, because of that I don't have the benefit of the swivel. Which doesn't affect me much because these panels are more of a "set it and forget" rigg

Okay Will I'll stick with the gold 5.8 RF unless you have a case that would fit my 4W? I got this one too.

Sunhans 4W 5.8 GHz Signal Booster, Expedited 1-3 day shipping

It's dimensions are 3 1/4 x 2 x 3/4
i can look a sorting one for you and send it over to Tom , it would mean a adaptor place to fit it to then bonded to the top of the Dual panel ,
Yes the tripod is serious have duty and up to the job of the array , although its not that heavy ( the array ) beware if wind as these panel will react to the wind and unless you have the tripod weighted down it could blow over ..... just making you aware.
you can set the antennas to the horizon and leave it , if you want to point it up slightly put on tripod leg forward and put a spacer under to tilt the array up a little , a flat piece wood wood will be fine.

Can't wait til you get it all set up BeauS! I want to see more images of those panels, they look different than mine. The tripod stand looks tough as nails. I could not use my regular tripod it's not built tough enough to withstand these awesome panels. I used a construction tripod, because of that I don't have the benefit of the swivel. Which doesn't affect me much because these panels are more of a "set it and forget" rigg
His setup is a little different, vertical stacked 2.4's and the 5.8 antenna is in a smaller case but still 17db

i can look a sorting one for you and send it over to Tom , it would mean a adaptor place to fit it to then bonded to the top of the Dual panel ,
Yes the tripod is serious have duty and up to the job of the array , although its not that heavy ( the array ) beware if wind as these panel will react to the wind and unless you have the tripod weighted down it could blow over ..... just making you aware.
you can set the antennas to the horizon and leave it , if you want to point it up slightly put on tripod leg forward and put a spacer under to tilt the array up a little , a flat piece wood wood will be fine.
Thanks Will, I will be careful with the tripod stand. How do you monitor the voltage coming from the Power Module BTW? Will I need to charge the Anker Power Bank after each flight?

I'll get you some more pics of the panels and get you a complete pic of the Array when I get a chance!

His setup is a little different, vertical stacked 2.4's and the 5.8 antenna is in a smaller case but still 17db

I believe my 5.8 is 19dB and if I'm not mistaken I Horizon has tested the 17 dB 5.8 panel and has concluded that they're a little better. Are your 2.4 panels also 17dB BeauS?

Thanks Will, I will be careful with the tripod stand. How do you monitor the voltage coming from the Power Module BTW? Will I need to charge the Anker Power Bank after each flight?
yes get a weight , like a sandbag and hook it at the centre of the tripod , this will hold it down solid .
the power module that feeds the 2 x 1 watt amp converts the 5v to 12 v , its set to run at 12 v , so as long as the power bank is good ( use the indicator on the button ) , charging , the power banks last for ever , still to charge mine !, just check the LED's for charge status , the small usb is used to charge it . ( you can slide it out ) .

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1468274733.406323.jpg

Do you (Will or Tom)think I'd be better suited arranging my three panels in a vertical array

I did a couple videos last night of my unboxing this kit. I also have a few pictures today. Haven't had a chance to put it together yet. The stand looks very durable as well as the panels and compact tripod head. I can't wait to get it together and get a flight in! Hopefully tomorrow I can get it set up!
Unboxing Review Videos

20160709_204740 1.mp4
20160709_205408 1.mp4

Pictures
20160710_182802.jpg
20160710_182819.jpg
20160710_182413.jpg
20160710_182547.jpg
20160710_182401.jpg
20160710_182232.jpg
20160710_182130.jpg
20160710_182212.jpg
Great open box BeauS, 2 thumbs up I would of done the 2 thumbs in Emoji but don't know how too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20