Hooked on drones at 70

Reaction score
hi everyone, got hooked on drones about 6 mths ago. My brothers fault. The GPS coverage isn't great where I live and is consistently windy(known as the windy coast) so I have had to learn to fly. Looking at building my own drone in the not to distant future.

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

hi everyone, got hooked on drones about 6 mths ago. My brothers fault. The GPS coverage isn't great where I live and is consistently windy(known as the windy coast) so I have had to learn to fly. Looking at building my own drone in the not to distant future.
Sounds like you are right into it with a good attitude.
Good luck with the pbuilding project.

ps .. GPS coverage is the same everywhere.
If you have the Standard, it doesn't use the Glonass sats so it only shows about half the numbers that the other models oick up but that doesn't mean it's not working properly or as well.

Ok , so are you saying I can get a better sat system. I rarely get above 6 and quite often only 3 to 4. Be interested in more info on getting more. Thanks

Welcome to the forum Darkydave .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Welcome to the forum Darkydave .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Hi, had a young broken hearted young guy who lost his p4 (Christmas present)I told him to be careful because of lack of sats. Everything going well then straight up and away. Almost everyone here has quads so we carried out a large search and eventually it was located after three days. Very happy boy when we contacted him. Very surprised at how far it had gone. Guesstimate about 5+kms. Got the f450 frame for my own build yesterday.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hi, I need some help, I have an p2 and now a f550. I cannot get either to work properly. I have the dji app and tried to make sense of all the different things but nothing comes up on the screens that look like the instructions. I am finding dji rigs difficult. I also have parrots and have never had any issues like the djis. The p2 seems to have a mind of its own and difficult to fly. The f550 keeps flashing yellow which indicates no Tx. About to put aside for a while and come back later.

Another question, is it better to have motors closer or further apart . Common sense would suggest it more stable further apart.

Doesn't seem to be much direct help coming from this so I am out. What I will say is that the drone industry at the moment needs to be sorted, there is a lot, I say again of lot of promises but few actual stable products on the market. I suppose you could say welcome to the computer age.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers