Hook dji fc40 camera to tv?

I promise you, at first, i thought "what a stupid idea and silly question" Then I though... hey, why the hell not. Even if it might be useless, lets do it just to say we did it! lol

So my IT mind kicked in within a second and started thinking about smart tv's, chrome cast and smartphones.

This is all guesswork, but it seems probable.
Scenario 1:
A Smart TV. If you cant download the FC40 app normally, you might have to side load it.
If your smart TV has wifi, hell... it might connect!

Scenario 2:
Direct wifi stream. I believe you can access the cam by logging into the IP addresss directly
192.168.0.1... i think thats the IP. I cant remember. Find a folder named "live" or something and you should get the signal.

Scenario 3:
use your smartphone and an hdmi connector to your TV and just display what you are seeing from your phone to your TV.

Scenario 4:
Chrome cast lets your mirror what is on your phone.. however, that makes you use wifi as well, so it probably wont work.

If you have an iphone or apple TV, I think you are boned

BTW - this is all going on the fact that you want to see LIVE FPV on your TV.
If you are just talking about recorded flights, do one of these:

Buy a chromecast ($35)
Drag the video file on your computer.
Open your chrome browser
download the chromecast plugin.
Drag and drop the video into the browser window
Cast the tab to your TV.

I do it all the time.

Or, get a micro hdmi to HDMI cable and plug your phone into your TV directly

dragonash said:
I promise you, at first, i thought "what a stupid idea and silly question"

Shoulda stopped there! :lol:

Giving 100% to this effort, let's say everything works perfectly, it'll look like crap! :eek:

CarlJ said:
dragonash said:
I promise you, at first, i thought "what a stupid idea and silly question"

Shoulda stopped there! :lol:

Giving 100% to this effort, let's say everything works perfectly, it'll look like crap! :eek:

yeah, but I'm an IT guy.
Even if it would look like **** (maybe hes using a 21 inch tv), I would be able to say "I did it, just because!" lol

In fact, this just reminded me of someone who did something VERY similar on the AR Drone forums.
Since the AR drone uses an app to control it, all the guy had to do was mirror his phone to the TV (a simple cord should suffice).
He went the extra step to put a directional wifi antenna on the roof of his house! lol

In the middle of winter, he had that thing fly almost a mile from the warmth of his cough, watching TV!

However, thats a bit easier since it only uses wifi for both video and flight controls

dragonash said:
yeah, but I'm an IT guy.
Even if it would look like **** (maybe hes using a 21 inch tv), I would be able to say "I did it, just because!" lol

In fact, this just reminded me of someone who did something VERY similar on the AR Drone forums.
Since the AR drone uses an app to control it, all the guy had to do was mirror his phone to the TV (a simple cord should suffice).
He went the extra step to put a directional wifi antenna on the roof of his house! lol

In the middle of winter, he had that thing fly almost a mile from the warmth of his cough, watching TV!

However, thats a bit easier since it only uses wifi for both video and flight controls

You're a better man than me, Dragon.

So to pull this off he's going to need a smart TV that's wifi enabled? That could be a limiting factor right there, otherwise he'll have to modulate the signal for the television. Even still what are we talking? An image that's 200x200 pixels?

CarlJ said:
So to pull this off he's going to need a smart TV that's wifi enabled? That could be a limiting factor right there, otherwise he'll have to modulate the signal for the television. Even still what are we talking? An image that's 200x200 pixels?

no, not quite.

Any number of possibilities that I mentioned earlier.
It could be a portable android device that he could plug into the tv too.

The simplest solution is a micro usb to hdmi cable
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/8 ... Ag7v8P8HAQ

plug it into your phone and your tv.

You know what? I might try this out myself just to see the quality. I'm using a custom rom on my phone... so i dont think mirror casting will work though. Worth a shot!

edit:
scratch that. I just remembered that both would need a working wifi connection. So without a doubt, my way of doing it would need to have a hard wired connection.

Same goes for him, depending on the options at hand.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj