HoodiVision PatHat Air Sun Shade for iPad Air

I'm happy with the HoodiVision I have for my iPad mini and would recommend it to others. I have no experience with the larger model for the iPad Air.
AS SAID OVER AND OVER BY ME
I THINK THERE IPAD MINI PADHAT IS GREAT. I TAKE ISSUE WITH THE IPAD AIR VERSION
I GUESS THERE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ON THE BALL AS WELL
But to act like there product can do no wrong and is used worldwide by all the best pilots so it must be the best one. when Im giving them my personal review ( and many others who as stated what I have) Is out and out an attack on my judgment and others that don't agree with this specific products performance

Yes great video and I have said the Ipad mini works great
it is the ipad air version that I have issues with
for those with ipad mini buy its a great product
for those with ipad air do as you please it is only $40.00 buy it try it set it on the self your money
padhat acts like I'm a competitor selling a product and trying to discredit theirs.
I have no skin in the game just giving my personal experience with there product.
And for the record they have refunded me so I can't say the customer service sucks
The correct price for the PadHat Air, and the Mini, is $29.95 including free shipping in the US, not $40.

This is not an attack on your "personal opinion". Pricing is not a personal opinion.

I believe we made it clear that even though that great vid was for the iPad mini, we were also interested in comments and vids from iPad Air pilots using the PadHat Air...

"We are also hoping that pilots with PadHat Air shades will post vids and give us distance feedback."

In no way was either the poster or us trying to conflate the Mini with the Air.

No one is out to get you by pretending you are a competitor.
When people criticize and/or misrepresent our products, especially when using derogatory terms, we rightfully respond to set the record straight with facts and an open ear to our customers needs and constructive perceptions. Having a personal opinion does not mean, that on an open public forum, you are somehow free from a response that disagrees. or agrees, with that opinion.

And we are happy that in your personal opinion our customer service "doesn't suck".

Best Regards,
TheHoodiVision Team

Last edited:
Reactions: cmyk22 and snerd
The correct price for the PadHat Air, and the Mini, is $29.95 including free shipping in the US, not $40.

This is not an attack on your "personal opinion". Pricing is not a personal opinion.

Best Regards,
TheHoodiVision Team

The point being made was not about the price I was implying that it's only like 40 bucks which is not a lot of money so if you don't believe my review buy it yourself and try it .if you don't like it's not like you're out Thousand dollars

Reactions: HoodiVision
Well I hope the AIR Padhat works out...I just bought one. I'm a cherry to this as I've had my UAV for a month now (bloody awesome btw) and live in Fremantle, Western Australia which in the afternoon gets windy with what we call "The Fremantle Doctor"
http://www.fremantlewesternaustralia.com.au/fremantleclimate.htm

I like what I've seen about the PADHAT but did not research the AIR version.
It's 2 to 3 weeks backorder and another 2 weeks shipping, when it gets here i'll setup a video and test it with The Doctor in the afternoon.
As long as the back stays on I'll be cool with that as I'll "bulldog clip" the sides anyway.
some really good banter here from SHD and Hoodie.

Last edited:
Has anyone used this product on their nvidia shield . I was about to order one but I'm not sure which is best velcro or magnetic . The shield is very similar to the mini so I'm hoping for great results . 30 day money back guarantee. Help please !! Thank you

Hello again and thanks for your detailed, informative and honest response.

On the Inspire thread those are older comments.
We worked with some of the Inspire pilots to solve this issue and based on their feedback developed the wing tab velcro solution.

For a strong stick in rigorous conditions, the velcro tab option must be used.
The velcro pieces that attach to the bottom of the iPad or shell case are super thin.
In fact when the iPad with the tabs are inserted into a tight shell case there is no case bulge.
Some pilots first put the iPad in a shell case then add the velcro to the bottom of the shell case.
Please be advised the tabs will not stick to silicone and composite silicone cases.

We wish you luck with the shade you ordered. Can you please report back to us how effectively it blocks glare and reflection? The quick and easy test is to leave the iPad dark with the shade and iPad on the controller and then look to see if it reflects like a mirror and/or shows glare spots. This accentuates the issue but the same reflections if present will be on your lit display.

Best Regards,
The HoodiVision Team
I'm about to order the nvidia shield version do you guys covcov
Hello again and thanks for your detailed, informative and honest response.

On the Inspire thread those are older comments.
We worked with some of the Inspire pilots to solve this issue and based on their feedback developed the wing tab velcro solution.

For a strong stick in rigorous conditions, the velcro tab option must be used.
The velcro pieces that attach to the bottom of the iPad or shell case are super thin.
In fact when the iPad with the tabs are inserted into a tight shell case there is no case bulge.
Some pilots first put the iPad in a shell case then add the velcro to the bottom of the shell case.
Please be advised the tabs will not stick to silicone and composite silicone cases.

We wish you luck with the shade you ordered. Can you please report back to us how effectively it blocks glare and reflection? The quick and easy test is to leave the iPad dark with the shade and iPad on the controller and then look to see if it reflects like a mirror and/or shows glare spots. This accentuates the issue but the same reflections if present will be on your lit display.

Best Regards,
The HoodiVision Team
I'm about to order the nvidia shield version. Do you guys cover return postage if I don't like it. Thanks

I'm about to order the nvidia shield version. Do you guys cover return postage if I don't like it. Thanks

they offer a money back guarantee and you also want them to pay the postage to get it back to them if you don't like it????

Most money back guarantees I know of charge you for postage both ways,,if your that scared of not like it just don't buy it

I have a Padhat for my Air 2, I think it works great. I was using it yesterday in 25mph gusting wind and it held up just fine with the sticky tabs. I did get some velcro tabs so that if I needed them I could apply them, but so far they are not on the Air 2, I see no reason to use them. I like the angle and how it sits. So far I am quite happy with it and so no reason to get anything else. Their customer service has been great too.

Alan

Reactions: HoodiVision

Hello. Thanks for your questions. You want the PadHat Mini Hybrid. Please be advised it requires applying velcro to the display. Instructions for application are here. Scroll down to the middle of the page. The application is the same as the iPad. Since we have free shipping with purchase, return shipping is the responsibility of the buyer.

Best Regards,
The HoodiVision Team

Hello. Thanks for your questions. You want the PadHat Mini Hybrid. Please be advised it requires applying velcro to the display. Instructions for application are here. Scroll down to the middle of the page. The application is the same as the iPad. Since we have free shipping with purchase, return shipping is the responsibility of the buyer.

Best Regards,
The HoodiVision Team
I've been trying to get a response from someone at hoodivision. I need to get another set of velcro for my tablet since the nvidia shield was recalled . I have a hoodivision padhat for the shield . What do I need to do to get another set of those . Thanks

I've been trying to get a response from someone at hoodivision. I need to get another set of velcro for my tablet since the nvidia shield was recalled . I have a hoodivision padhat for the shield . What do I need to do to get another set of those . Thanks
Hi. We have received many requests for replacement velcro for the NVIDEA recall since Friday. Today is Monday and we will have a new accessory category on our website before the end of today. If you are on our contact list you will be notified with a link as soon as it is up.

Best Regards,
The HoodiVision Team

Really 8 dollars when ordered separately. What a rip off. Just out of principal I won't be ordering that . I think I can find some velcro
Please consider that we have no control over shipping costs and the $3 dollar difference covers handling and shipping. The velcro style hook and loop we use is an expensive limited production ultra thin version with a proprietary adhesive from the manufacturer not available on retail versions. We tested many types of adhesive including 3M and found this to be the best in terms of adhesion and profile. If anyone finds a retail version that works as well or better we encourage you to use it.

Best Regards,
The HoodiVision Team

can the hoodivision for the ipad air 2 be bought in the uk ?.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj