Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Homemade Phantom Case

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jmabile, Jun 26, 2013.

1. jmabile

Anyone know where I can get a block of foam? I need to re-do my homemade case, and I'm looking for a solid block that I can cut with an electric knife. I've tried Home Depot, Lowes, shipping stores and numerous fabric stores.

2. ogmios

3. cliffcochran

Re: Homemade Phantom Case w/Prop Guards

Anyone know the new case size for the DJI Phantom with Prop Guards? I was able to set up a case (from a case from work) for my Phantom without the guards but since I've added them it doesn't fit. Just curious if anyone has put something together yet.

4. Roadkilt

I made a case from a 36cm x 58cm plastic lidded tub from Walmart ($14). 5 cm block of foam from Lee Valley Hardware cut to fit the inside ($6). Very easy to cut and shape, it has a more rigid piece on the top above a softer white foam. Cutouts for the transmitter, float equipped Phantom with Gopro hanging on it, 5 batteries, spare AAs, spare GoPro batts, some tools and I keep a set of the LED codes etc under it all. Nice and clean to carry one handed, everything except the charger and spare parts. Not bad for $20!

Attached Files:

5. Marc70

:D :D Awesome. Saved me some useless tinkering, I'll just follow your lead. Thanks Bro.

6. Shrimpfarmer

I love your homemade case. Thanks for the pics and I too will follow your lead.

Shrimpy ;)

7. CyberVet65

You can get just about any type of foam at a crafts store like Michaels. Great idea to have see thru and be cheap! Nicely done!

8. baker745

Very nice. Gonna go get the supplies for one tonight. My wife was walking by when I was looking at the pics and she even thought it was cool.

9. baker745

I am having a real hard time finding a tote like that to fit the Phantom with prop-guards. I may have to take the prop guards off if I want an inexpensive case. :shock:

GMayberry likes this.