Home position error in V 2.00

Reaction score
The new version 2.00 software of P2V has a serious bug.
When you set a new Home position, by flipping S2 5 times, the altitude of the new position is not set.
Instead, the altitude of your original start position is kept.
This is a serious problem in areas with hills etc.
Scenario of what goes wrong:
- Start in a valley. I call this altitude 0.
- Fly to a nearby hilltop of say 50 meter altitude.
- Set new Home position.
Now 2 things can go terribly wrong:
1. Fly back to the valley and switch off the controller. P2V will climb to 20 meters, turn towards the hill and fly straight into the hillside.
2. Fly to 80 m altitude and switch off the controller. P2V will fly to the hilltop position, then crash into the hilltop with a vertical speed of about 3 m/s.

Usual caveats aside, like you must set a HOMEPOINT prior to takeoff before being able to manually set a new HOMEPOINT (else it returns to its last memorized HOMEPOINT), if you're certain about this file a report by emailing your post to DJI HQ HK. If you can, give them a call to bring it to their immediate attention. When I've called I usually got thru immediately:

DJI HEADQUARTERS +86 755 22673666 [email protected] Monday to Friday , 9:00AM to 6:00PM (Hong Kong Time GMT+8:00)

For reference this is from the current v2.0 manual:
"In Phantom 2 Vision mode, users can set a new home point manually when the aircraft is in “Ready to fly” status as long as a home point has been recorded automatically. Quickly flipping the S2 switch of the remote controller from upper most to lower most positions 5 times or more will reset the current aircraft position as a new home point of PHANTOM 2 VISION. When successfully reset, you will see a series of rapid green blinks on the LED Flight Indicator. The definition of “home point” is: i) The home point is the place PHANTOM 2 VISION returns to when the control signal is lost, which is recorded last time. ii) The home point is used to calculate the horizontal distance between you and the aircraft, the distance will be displayed on the DJI VISION App."

iDrone :ugeek:

I do start with a Home point set in the valley.
Did file bug with DJI.
This is very easy to reproduce. Follow the steps in my original post. Can try without a hill, just image one in your mind.

Bug still present in V 3.00.
Have had contact with a DJI support person, no satisfactory answer yet.

I don' think it's an error. It's intentional. The attached diagram is in the latest manual (pg36) (and I think an earlier manual) and I think shows that is what was intended.

Attachments

• Cylinder.jpg
    Cylinder.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 406
John Shaw said:
I don' think it's an error. It's intentional. The attached diagram is in the latest manual (pg36) (and I think an earlier manual) and I think shows that is what was intended.
This diagram shows a difference between start off point and home position. In the diagram the Home position is above the start point. It is exactly this what is not possible. New set Home point still has the start off point altitude. All this has absolutely nothing to do with flight limits. These simply prevent the craft from flying outside the given cilinder.

DJI support confirms the new behavior, but do not consider it a problem.
Latest answer:

We'll reflect your feedback to our R&D and Marketting and return to you with their feedback. But probably this will remains the same currently.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4