home point

Reaction score
hi. when i take out my p4 it says home point recorded.does this mean i do not have to do a compass calibration.thanks in advance.roberto

Recording the Home Point has nothing to with compass calibration....it just means that your P4 has established its exact position using satellites, and will use that information for functions like RTH, and following your position on your map etc. If you have already done a successful compass calibration, you don't need to re-calibrate unless you are flying at a new site which is a considerable distance from where you calibrated...say , more than 100km away.

Reactions: snowghost
Recording the Home Point has nothing to with compass calibration....it just means that your P4 has established its exact position using satellites, and will use that information for functions like RTH, and following your position on your map etc. If you have already done a successful compass calibration, you don't need to re-calibrate unless you are flying at a new site which is a considerable distance from where you calibrated...say , more than 100km away.
thanks very much for the info rockydog.im still a novice at this

hi. when i take out my p4 it says home point recorded.does this mean i do not have to do a compass calibration.thanks in advance.roberto
...Roberto, jus a lil nfo in ref to Home-Point.. (Android)
'Auto-Set Home-Point' is Always Set as the 'AirCrafts Current Position' 1) Once the Motors are Started, or, 2) Once DJI-Go RE-CONNECTS to an already running AirCraft.. and this is the same for DJI-Go v281 and v283, I Did Not test v282 because it seems to be toooo Buggy.. as far as I know this could just be the nature of the beast.. But I can confirm that this characteristic is No Where in the Manual.. Also, with my P4 once RTH has been initiated the Craft ascends to 1/2 the RTH Preset Altitude, it then Adj's Heading, ascends to the Preset Altitude and Returns to the Home-Point in Sport-Mode.. so be aware of it because once it reaches Home-Point it will come Down Very Fast.. ALSO Not in the Manual.. .IF on the other hand you'd rather set the RC/Ctrl-Sta as the Home-Point you can only set it AFTER the Motors have Started (also not in the Manual), remember IF the Ctrl's and the Craft are operating normally, then, the Home-Point will be reset to the AirCrafts current position Once the Motors Start.. 'IF' it doesn't and/or is Intermittent, Un-Install the App, PWR-OFF the Device, wait 30sec, PWR-ON and Re-Install the App, I suggest the site APK-Pure ( https://apkpure.com/dji-go/dji.pilot ) , they usually keep the last 10 versions of DJI-Go, DwnLd your version and keep a copy of it on your device.. if the App seems to be acting up or you see some strange anomalies Dump it and re-Install, it only takes a coupla minutes to rule it out..

IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl