Home point set !?!?

Reaction score
Hi,

How to now 100 % ,, Home point is set ,, correctly ?
If I see in ,,Find my Phantoom,, map ....... that is OK ????? and it is correct point without internet connection ?

Thanks

To make sure my home point is set, after I turn on tx, wifi repeater then phantom in that order I wait to get the rapid flashing green lights on the phantom before take off but then I wait another 20-30 seconds to get another set of rapid flashing green lights. Then I'm happy she's locked in and I only then take off.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
To make sure my home point is set, after I turn on tx, wifi repeater then phantom in that order I wait to get the rapid flashing green lights on the phantom before take off but then I wait another 20-30 seconds to get another set of rapid flashing green lights. Then I'm happy she's locked in and I only then take off.

This^. And I too use the Find My Phantom and note location of the bird and my location and if they are not side by each, pick up the bird and walk in a circle and try it till they are. I will say that >50% of the time the location of the bird is my last flight location at first check of the app. That can't be good..

I might be wrong about this, but in the vision app for your phone, I believe the satellite icon is grey, then turns blue when a home point is set.

I had 8 satellites and a grey satellite icon, then it turned blue after I got the flashing green lights.

Can anyone else confirm?

This^. And I too use the Find My Phantom and note location of the bird and my location and if they are not side by each, pick up the bird and walk in a circle and try it till they are. I will say that >50% of the time the location of the bird is my last flight location at first check of the app. That can't be good..[/quote]

I've never used the Find My Phantom app in that way, but mine flew away and had no concept of home being where it was supposed to be and actually flew off somewhat in the direction of where I had flown previously in the day, about 4-5 miles away. Find My Phantom put its last location on a line in that general direction. Before the doomed flight I got the quick flashing green lights, then 7 satellites and then the steady green ones. Maybe I should head over and search that other spot on the off chance it made it to that home. :?

Assuming that you have your system set up so that you can use IOC ...

Fly the 'copter out about 100-200 feet away. Switch to Home Lock. Make sure that the 'copter moves towards you when you pull back on the right stick, right (relative to you) when you move it right, then left when you move it left. If it does move the right directions, the home location is most likely correct. It's a simple test I try to remember to do on each flight. So far, the home point has always been correct.

-- Roger

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31