Home point re-positioning issue

Reaction score
I've been reading a lot about the tendency for Phantom 3's to "automatically" reset the home point in flight - uncommanded! Resulting in the dreaded fly-aways, and in many cases, the last time the bird is seen.

Now the questions are:
  • Is this a firmware bug in the P3 which DJI needs to address?
  • Is the P4 similarly affected by auto-resetting of the home point IN FLIGHT?
  • Does the issue only strike if running the DJI GO app, as opposed to running the Litchi app?
  • On its maiden flight, I'm aware of a P3 which only yesterday, in response to pressing the RTH button, flew off and crash landed at an automatically-generated home point hundreds of metres away it's never been to before.
  • Is the P3 a dog?

There have been a number of threads relating to some of the points you have mentioned and I noticed this morning an update for iOS DJI Go which doesn't mention reset home point issues as a fix as I guess iOS devices don't suffer this issue. It appears to be possibly an android thing.
I use dji go4 which I updated this morning with no issues using an iPhone 6+. Never had an issue with Litchi either.
My first phantom was a P3S which never gave me any problems whatsoever outside of the annoying wifi which had to be managed.
Hoping that this is an app concern with non Apple devices and will be rectified shortly with an android update.

Now the questions are:
  • Is this a firmware bug in the P3 which DJI needs to address?
  • Is the P4 similarly affected by auto-resetting of the home point IN FLIGHT?
  • Does the issue only strike if running the DJI GO app, as opposed to running the Litchi app?
  • On its maiden flight, I'm aware of a P3 which only yesterday, in response to pressing the RTH button, flew off and crash landed at an automatically-generated home point hundreds of metres away it's never been to before.
  • Is the P3 a dog?
It's a problem with the Android app version 2.1.3 and has nothing to do with firmware.
I've seen reports from various versions of the P3.
Not sure if the P4 is immune or if I just haven't seen reports.
No the P3 is a great flying machine - the Advanced and Pro are still better than anything from other manufacturers.
Why DJI hasn't taken action is a big mystery but it's simple to uninstall V2.1.3 of the app and install an earlier version and fly safely.

Just reinforcing with the others above had said, everyone's right on point. Only affecting Android users using Go app version 3.1.2, not a FW or craft issue. Just an app issue. Very simple solution if you use an Android device, don't use his version and downgrade to any previous version. Best choice, 2.9.1 or 3.0.1

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey, I've been waiting for another update for the android app and I refuse to take the P3A out on 3.1.2
This might sound like a stupid question but how do you get hold of the older software for my android device?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using PhantomPilots mobile app

P4 also uses Go4, no issues before and after this mornings update.
According to DJI website, the app is DJI Go. Look under P4 specs last part being App/Live View.
Under P4 Pro however, specs say app is DJI GO 4

However the QCode produces a web link to DJI GO 4. Strange.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav