Home Point Not Recorded

When I hit the home point button it tells me it cannot record the home point.
You're not giving much to go on so I have to guess a bit.
Sounds like you're trying to reset home point.
The Phantom automatically sets home point every time you power on and it acquires GPS satellites.
There are two ways to reset home point .. reset to the current location of the P3 or reset to the location of the controller.
If you are trying to reset to the location of the controller you will get this message unless you have GPS in your tablet AND it is activated and has a good view of the sky to get its own location.
i-3rphDVX-L.png

You're not giving much to go on so I have to guess a bit.
Sounds like you're trying to reset home point.
The Phantom automatically sets home point every time you power on and it acquires GPS satellites.
There are two ways to reset home point .. reset to the current location of the P3 or reset to the location of the controller.
If you are trying to reset to the location of the controller you will get this message unless you have GPS in your tablet AND it is activated and has a good view of the sky to get its own location.
i-3rphDVX-L.png
That's not the message I get, I've set the home point from the button before but now it doesn't let me.

I've had the same issue. Haven't taken the time to figure out how to fix it.

It always makes me nervous before taking off, but I always get the audible alert that the home location has been recorded when taking off. Then I enjoy flying and forget about it until the next flight.

Appears they think they must manually set it. Waiting for the voice to say home points has been set. Look if there is a green h on the screen. Then you home point is set. If you move the phantom even 10 feet away then it will let you reset it and the voice will say again home point is set. Unless there is nothing at all. Not sure I would ever take off without a fixed home point.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: shorttimer
Appears they think they must manually set it. Waiting for the voice to say home points has been set. Look if there is a green h on the screen. Then you home point is set. If you move the phantom even 10 feet away then it will let you reset it and the voice will say again home point is set. Unless there is nothing at all. Not sure I would ever take off without a fixed home point.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
I just like making sure the home point has been set.

My phantom 3 standard will not record the home point any ideas?
I just bought a Phantom 3 Advanced and am having the same issue. When selecting the set home point button I receive a message stating "home point not set!". Did you ever figure out how to fix this?

Geeze.

OP - are you aware that your aircraft sets its homepoint automatically? It's part of the start up procedure as outlined in your manual. You should not launch without an accurate home point recorded.

OTOH, if you do have an accurate home point recorded, and then try to make a new home point on top of your old home point, it won't work. You need to be at least 10 meters away from your home point to make a new home point, I believe.

Reactions: Tony Cowan
I think it says "Your Home point has been set" every time I do CSC to launch my phantom.

I have another question. Let say I take your phantom for a walk to a park which is 1/2 mile away your home. I launch my Phantom at home and record myself walking to the park. Do I need to keep reset my home point? Does it return to my home if signal lost while I am at the park? Is there anyway to tell the Phantom always return to the remote control or my phone location only without keep reseting it?

You confuse me.

Let say I take your phantom for a walk to a park which is 1/2 mile away your home.

Okay. So you've taken MY phantom for a walk to a park a half mile from MY home.
I launch my Phantom at home and record myself walking to the park.

What? How did you get home? I thought you were at a park a half mile from my house. Do you live at the park?

Please re-write your post.

Last edited:
You confuse me.

Okay. So you've taken MY phantom for a walk to a park a half mile from MY home.

What? How did you get home? I thought you were at a park a half mile from my house. Do you live at the park?

Please re-write your post.
Sorry I mean I launch my Phantom at home and walk to the park nearby my house with my remote on my hand. Fly the Phantom around while walking. Is there anyway to tell the Phantom constantly update the Homepoint to where I am?

He wants to know why the auto set home point went missing from p2v+ and wasn't released on p3. I want it too. I like to walk and fly bit overhead also.

Yeah okay. I don't know about that. It's called dynamic home point and I have it available on my P2V but I know it's not on the P3 for some reason. You might have to reset your home point manually. @Meta4 has talked about this several times. He would know.

Yeah okay. I don't know about that. It's called dynamic home point and I have it available on my P2V but I know it's not on the P3 for some reason. You might have to reset your home point manually. @Meta4 has talked about this several times. He would know.
I didn't have a P2V+ so I don't know there was such a feature. But that "dynamic home point" is exactly what I wanted when I walked to the park last week with my P3S. And I saw some crash drone videos on youtube because the user moved to a different location without resetting their new Home point.

Last edited:
Yeah - if you're gonna take a walk, you definitely want to reset that home point one way or the other. ;)

I didn't have a P2V+ so I don't know there was such a feature. But that "dynamic home point" is exactly what I wanted when I walked to the park last week with my P3S. And I saw some crash drone videos on youtube because the user moved to a different location without resetting their new Home point.
Proper dynamic home point that follows you and updates isn't available on the P3.
You have 3 options for home point setting:
1. Just leave the original home point that the P3 sets itself
2. Reset home point during the flight to the current location of the Phantom wherever it is
3. Reset home point during the flight to the current location of the phone/tablet you are flying with - (non cell-enabled ipads don't have GPS and can't use this option0

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31