home point help

Reaction score
is this possible ?. setup home point and fly.. then walk away from the home set point while flying and then when iam at my new location set a new home point, so i can land at my new position, i want to walk while flying but dont want to walk back to my take off home point to collect the bird. or if i get into trouble and press the RTH button i would like it to come to my new location and not the first take off point.

Reactions: Nemmo
To set a new home point you need to hover the bird over the new location then flip the s2 switch from off to home lock position 5 to 6 times in rapid succession. Watch the birds rear lED's you should see them change to yellow the back to flashing green indication of a successful home lock change.

is this possible ?. setup home point and fly.. then walk away from the home set point while flying and then when iam at my new location set a new home point, so i can land at my new position, i want to walk while flying but dont want to walk back to my take off home point to collect the bird. or if i get into trouble and press the RTH button i would like it to come to my new location and not the first take off point.
Yes at FOLLOW ME mode

is this possible ?. setup home point and fly.. then walk away from the home set point while flying and then when i am at my new location set a new home point, so i can land at my new position.
To set a new home point you need to hover the bird over the new location then flip the s2 switch from off to home lock position 5 to 6 times in rapid succession. Watch the birds rear lED's you should see them change to yellow the back to flashing green indication of a successful home lock change.
NO .. that works for the P2 but not the P3 which doesn't have any S1 or S2 switches.
Yes at FOLLOW ME mode
Easier than that.

With the P3 you can reset your home point to any location that you fly your Phantom to ... or
You can reset home point to the location of the controller (as long as the tablet has GPS and it's turned on).
i-GpMJWTf-M.png

i-Kc6CFsq-M.png

Reactions: lotusteve
NO .. that works for the P2 but not the P3 which doesn't have any S1 or S2 switches.

Easier than that.

With the P3 you can reset your home point to any location that you fly your Phantom to ... or
You can reset home point to the location of the controller (as long as the tablet has GPS and it's turned on).
i-GpMJWTf-M.png

i-Kc6CFsq-M.png
thanks for the info.. just looking at your pictures.. the radar has a white dot at the top whats that mean, also it has a green arrow pointing to middle and a red pointing away from middle, i know the red is the bird, whats the green for ?.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31