Home Made iPad Air Shade

If you can spend $1000 + for your P3 - I don't see the problem in shelling out $15+ for a proper sunshade that looks professional, folds together & fits right.

MattyDread: at the time I created the shade and the post, the retail shades were not available. Of course they are now and I would agree with you. But there are some advantages in this shade - it's shades more.

HotDog: The 'folding' can be done if you use white duct tape to protect the cut edges, assuming you use white foam board. To fold it smaller, just cut the board in key places, fold it, then apply the tape on the outside edges of where you want the fold. This will allow the tape to flex when unfolded and be long enough when folded.

Or buy a retail shade.

Foam core is also available at most dollar stores for way less than staples. At least around here.

MattyDread: at the time I created the shade and the post, the retail shades were not available. Of course they are now and I would agree with you. But there are some advantages in this shade - it's shades more.

HotDog: The 'folding' can be done if you use white duct tape to protect the cut edges, assuming you use white foam board. To fold it smaller, just cut the board in key places, fold it, then apply the tape on the outside edges of where you want the fold. This will allow the tape to flex when unfolded and be long enough when folded.
Or buy a retail shade.
Dave, thanks for the response,
The retail shades that I've tried are so thick that the holder can't get a grip on the ipad.
Yours with the holder area hollowed out works perfectly.
Shades that didn't work for me seem to be OK with a lot of others...go figure.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik