Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Home Lock

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by solsystem, Oct 4, 2015.

1. solsystem

Although I haven't engaged the RTH function on my Phantom, I have used the new Home Lock a few times. Does anyone know, if when pulling back on the stick the Phantom will stop overhead above the home point or will it keep flying until I release the stick? Thanks

2. Unicyclejunkie

I'm not sure if it's different with the p3, but as far as the p1 goes(which is what I have) when it gets within a few meters it automatically switches to course lock.

3. solsystem

Thanks, I think I'm just going to have to try it to find out.

4. AHill

My P2 switched to course lock when it got close. I tried home lock once so far on the P3 and it seemed to stop and hover overhead when it got home. It seems to be a better way for home lock to work. The only bad landing I had with the P2 was after demonstrating home lock to a friend I forgot it was still on and when it got close it switched to course lock and landed next to me in a tree branch, no damage. I thought at first it had malfunctioned but then noticed that the switch was still set to home lock.

I only tried this once with the P3 and it surprised me that it stopped and went into a hover so verify this yourself before believing me, I might be wrong. It would save a lot of trial and error if DJI could release the manual for each upgrade when the upgrade is released.