Home lock set up

Reaction score
Have read the manual and once again am confused. Could somebody run me through the set up for home lock from start to finish on a MacBook Pro. I have read it before here but can not find it Thanks

I don't have a mac so I'm not familiar with that software but a lot of people have commented that my below data I'm copy/pasting is helpful when deciding whether to even bother setting up for CL/HL... if you already know all this just ignore me, nbd :) also I assume we're talking about the Phantom 2 family.

There are 2 modes for your flight computer, Phantom Mode and Naza Mode the default is Phantom mode.
In Phantom mode, the left toggle switch on the RC basically doesn't do anything. The right toggle has an up and down setting, by default both up and down are "NormalFly" however the down position can be configured to manually trigger Failsafe mode (return to home) or Normal Fly via the Phantom Assistant software on the Basic / RC tab. This is imo a very useful feature, it can be used if you NEED it (like you're far away and lose orientation) or if like me you're just a bit lazy and don't want to manually fly the Phantom home and descend if you're up very high, it can get a little boring descending from 200+m at 2m/s.

Notice I haven't said anything yet about CL, HL, GPS vs ATTI mode? That's because those features are only enabled if you switch the Phantom to Naza Mode. THEN the right toggle becomes GPS/ATTI and the left toggle can be used for CL and HL. In my humble opinion Naza mode is actually a bit more risky because there's more that can go wrong due to both CL and HL modes change the way the sticks operate.

Honestly, unless you are an expert pilot and want to utilize the advanced features my personal preference and advice is to stick to Phantom mode and trigger Failsafe manually if/when you desire, and let the Phantom do most of the work for you. You should of course test the feature and home lock position at short distances so you can get comfortable that it's working before relying on it at long distance... and don't forget that you can regain control at any time by flipping the switch back up to NormalFly.

The lights on the bottom of the Phantom tell you what mode you're in: when failsafe is triggered the rear lights blink yellow, when you flip back to NormalFly they will go back to green.

Thanks for the help. Just found a you tube video that also helped and was able to enable and it works like a charm

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie